THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 11:29:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP to Cally  (Read 13648 times)
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03-Jan-13, 08:18:16 AM »

Oh Debbie, Cally is beautiful!  I can sure relate to how much you miss her.

I lost two kitties at around age 20 to kidney failure.

I so hope soon the happy memories will begin to overshadow your sadness.  I am finally able to think of Rusty and Ashley without tears.  I think of all our special times together over my 20 year Navy career.

RIP sweetest Cally!

Nora in Florida
Falconatic1
Eyas

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-Jan-13, 08:47:54 AM »

The photo of her sticking her head out of the Christmas tree was in 1993, her first Christmas with us. Holy cow, there is a real tree in the house! Up the trunk she went! The next pic is of her sitting on the foot rest of our loveseat, giving me the "Don't you want to use those hands to pet me?" gaze. The one of her by the water bowl was last week, the day after Christmas. See how all that silky, fluffy fur disguises the fact that she was too thin? The last pic was taken Monday, showing her stretching out on the floor beneath our Christmas tree trying to find a position of comfort. After taking that pic we took her to our vet for her release to the next world, where she has all her strength, beauty, and personality again.

Every day I feel better, though I still expect to see her everywhere in the house. Thank you again to all of you who have sent comforting messages and have lit candles for her. The great thing is that life always goes on.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-Jan-13, 09:02:40 AM »

Every day I feel better, though I still expect to see her everywhere in the house.

I know!  Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-Jan-13, 11:19:24 AM »

I know too after losing our cat, Toby, 4 months ago because of severe arthritis.  He was losing his ability to walk and the pain pills weren't helping anymore so it was time to let him go. He was only 13 yrs old and the most wonderful pet- beautiful and very affectionate. I miss him everyday.  Sad

pdk
Fluffball

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-Jan-13, 04:59:05 PM »

I am so sorry about your Cally;  I know how much it hurts.

Patricia NE Florida

Yesterday we lost our kitty Cally. She was a long-haired calico cat with golden eyes. Her fur was brilliantly colored. On March 12, 1993, we adopted her from the Nevada Humane Society. She was about a year old then, so she was around 20 years old. This wasn't sudden, as she has had failing kidneys for a few years, and been on a prescription cat food diet, and took Meds to help her. After a couple of weeks of slow decline, yesterday she became too weak to walk, so with the help of our loving veterinarian we gave her the last precious gift of release from this world.

Cally was an indoor only cat, and really was our baby. She loved life, she loved us, always wanting to be beside Bob or I, or on a lap being petted and purring. It would be much appreciated if one of you who knows how would please light a candle in her memory. Cally enhanced our lives, and we are grateful for having had her for so long.

Wishing you all a happy and loving New Year with all of our animal friends.

Debbie in Reno
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-Jan-13, 06:02:57 AM »

I am so sorry for your loss, she is beautiful. She is still there with you its just that now she lives in your heart  heart instead of your house.

It's never easy to loose a fur-baby
valhalla
« Reply #21 on: 25-Jan-13, 05:17:23 AM »

Rich and I are so sorry for your loss, Deb, and know exactly what you are experiencing. 

In an effort to remember Cally and do something to honor her, I want to remind everyone that it is January and the White Sales are on.  Take your old sheets, towels, and blankets to your local vet and/or shelter - the caretakers need them for the animals.  Let's do something positive to remember beautiful Cally!

eyecat
Falconatic1
Eyas

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-Jan-13, 08:46:14 AM »

What a wonderful idea to honor Cally, and all of the sweet animal companions that we have all known and loved. I think I will purge my linen closet this weekend. Thanks, Janet!
valhalla
« Reply #23 on: 26-Jan-13, 07:22:03 AM »

What a wonderful idea to honor Cally, and all of the sweet animal companions that we have all known and loved. I think I will purge my linen closet this weekend. Thanks, Janet!

thanx, Me, too!
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26-Jan-13, 07:37:44 AM »

Great idea to honor sweet Cally.

Nora in Florida
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: