THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:59:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blizzard in Maryland  (Read 9548 times)
valhalla
« Reply #15 on: 20-Dec-09, 05:42:23 PM »

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. alien  Arlington County is closed tomorrow because of the snow that ended Saturday night.  snow2 Yes, you folks from the north can laugh.  Having grown up in northern NJ (West Milford) I have to laugh about how a light powdery snow can bring the Nation's Capital to a halt.  The roads are clear down here in Calvert County.  My bird feeders are all shoveled out and it is going to be in the 50s on Christmas! 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-Dec-09, 06:25:53 AM »

The snowstorm that blanketed the East Coast this weekend was so big, it is even impressive from space. NASA’s Aqua satellite took this image centered on Washington, D.C., on Sunday with its MODIS instrument.

The blizzard shut down the federal government, stranded travelers, left hundreds of thousands without power and crushed the hopes of many retailers hoping for big sales during the weekend before Christmas.

The image covers 300 miles lengthwise. The two big rivers near the center are the Susquehanna (to the north) and Potomac rivers, which run into Chesapeake Bay. Washington, D.C., sits alongside the Potomac, just north of the river’s hook-shaped curve. The inlet to the north is Delaware Bay.

rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-Dec-09, 11:53:08 AM »

Received a call from some very dear friends who live in Elizabethton Tenn. last night.
They lost power on Saturday night and just got power back last night.  They reported
about 10 to 12 inches of snow. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: