THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 03:52:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blizzard in Maryland  (Read 9639 times)
valhalla
« on: 19-Dec-09, 05:49:03 AM »

Yes, we are under blizzard conditions here until 6 PM Saturday night.   Shocked  Yes, it is ok to laugh at me   snow2  I will be taking pictures.  I still hate this white stuff and the cold.   natale3  shiver

Paul - it will be interesting to see how you guys make out further inland (might be a good time for a Zuzu report)  happy 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-Dec-09, 06:00:43 AM »

GAD-ZOOKS  scared blue  Janet.....and I thought 9 inch plus here was bad!!! Good luck girl. I'll be shoveling all day...I love playing in the White stuff.  snow2 tongue2

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-Dec-09, 06:13:21 AM »

We have nearly 9 inches already in the Eastern Panhandle of WV.  And expecting 24 hours more.  They are now calling for 1-2 FEET here,  crying
Carol
WV
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 19-Dec-09, 06:20:31 AM »

Helen in MD - report in with your "dump" and Dot in PA should have some interesting numbers, too.  I still hate this white stuff, but I'm going to make lemonade out of lemons and take some beautiful pictures when we can see the roads again!  laugh
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-Dec-09, 06:24:16 AM »

We have nearly 9 inches already in the Eastern Panhandle of WV.  And expecting 24 hours more.  They are now calling for 1-2 FEET here,  crying
Carol
WV

Good luck Carol...2 feet....ahh the good ole days.

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-Dec-09, 11:15:32 AM »

No Zuzu reports, because we are experiencing the storm from Hot Springs, VA, far off in the western part of the state.  The snow has stopped, at least for now, with about 2 feet or about .6 meters on the ground.  It is really beautiful.  It began at 3 PM yesterday afternoon.  We hope things will be at least somewhat cleared up for our trip home.  In the meanwhile, here are two pictures from yesterday and one from this morning.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #6 on: 19-Dec-09, 12:07:06 PM »

Who is Catherine's friend?
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-Dec-09, 01:55:03 PM »

A Harris Hawk?

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-Dec-09, 03:13:02 PM »

A Harris Hawk named Tex.  Fifteen years ao, she was believed to be a large (Texas-sized) male, hence the name.

The snow is still accumulating here.  After doing Christmas cards by the window, watching it fall, it's off to the indoor pool.

Everyone in the area affected by the storm, take care.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #9 on: 19-Dec-09, 03:19:50 PM »

A Harris Hawk named Tex.  Fifteen years ao, she was believed to be a large (Texas-sized) male, hence the name.

The snow is still accumulating here.  After doing Christmas cards by the window, watching it fall, it's off to the indoor pool.

Everyone in the area affected by the storm, take care.

Paul

I thought maybe a Harris Hawk!  For what it is worth, public transportation has stopped in Arlington, only below ground Metro is running, and I think they are gearing up for no school on Monday (yes, Rochester, the schools close days in advance here).  As for the pool, it sounds great!  Are you at an Inn, as it looked very nice from the picture and we are always game to go somewhere on a long weekend?  My lawn flamingo is officially buried....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-Dec-09, 03:33:14 PM »

Snow  snow2 just started here...coming down fast..suppose to go to NYC tomorrow to see  christree ground zero, FAO Schwartz, pale male  hawk Maybe NOT!!! I still want to go..  Sad

valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 19-Dec-09, 04:37:27 PM »

Go Monday!  Donna, if you get what we have, you will be going on TUESDAY.  Be safe, my friend.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-Dec-09, 06:37:30 PM »

No snow expected from this storm in Rochester.  WooHoo!

Stay safe everyone affected.  It looks like a nasty storm. 

Glad Quest decided not to go back to Cape Cod and Nantucket.  Looks like they'll also be hit by this blizzard.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20-Dec-09, 12:39:21 PM »

We got lucky - here just west of Allentown PA we had only 5 inches of snow.  We had planned a family holiday gathering in Philadelphia today but it was canceled because the city broke a 100-year-old record and got 23.2 inches.  Highways are clear but the city itself won't be fully plowed out any time soon.  My sister on Long Beach Island on the Jersey shore had 18 inches, enough to bring her community to a screeching halt.  We lived 35 years in the snowbelt in Oswego NY on the east end of Lake Ontario, so it's been fun watching everyone else dealing with massive snowfall.   bunny

Dot in PA
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-Dec-09, 04:24:42 PM »

We have 18 inches on the deck.  A kind neighbor brought his huge snowblower over and did our drive or I am not sure we would be out yet.  We have not had the severe winds that were predicted for further east of here.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: