THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:28:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Toto, we are outa here!  (Read 2094 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 14-Apr-13, 08:06:25 AM »

Whatever next!!

"A LEVEL ONE tornado warning has been issued for Ireland by a European storm forecaster – and our own Met Éireann is warning of winds gusting up to 100km per hour.

According to Met Éireann, we can expect strong to gale force south to southwest winds of 50 to 60 km/h, with occasional gusts of 90 to 110 km/hr. Winds will be strongest in western coastal areas, said the forecaster.

It has placed a weather warning of ‘status yellow’ on the country for today. Status yellow means there is a ‘weather alert’ and people should ‘be aware’.

Tornado warning
Meanwhile, the European Storm Forecast Experiment (Estofex) has issued a level 1 warning for tornadoes in Ireland. A level one warning is the lowest warning out of three, and warns of a five per cent probability of a tornado hitting Ireland.

It says that the “strong vertical wind shear and very low lifting condensation level is reason to believe that one or multiple tornadoes may occur” in Ireland.

The Irish Weather Network said that for the rest of today, showers will move in off the Atlantic during the morning affecting the western half of the island. They will become more widespread through the afternoon with one or two on the heavy with a risk of thunder.

It also predicts gusts of 80 to 100kmh, strongest in western areas, and says tonight will be cloudy with showery outbreaks of rain across the island as winds moderate.

Temperatures will remain mild, with lows of 6 or 7C.

The weather for the week ahead will remain unsettled mild and windy at times."

(thejournal.ie)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Apr-13, 12:49:20 PM »

Batten down the hatches, Bobbie!  Stay safe!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-Apr-13, 12:55:22 PM »

Let us know how things go Bobbie!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-Apr-13, 02:32:08 PM »

Stay away from windows and go to an interior room for cover!  Take care my friend! wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: