THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 06:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braddock Bay Bird of Prey Days  (Read 5121 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 15-Apr-13, 10:39:48 AM »

Posting this from my nephew, Ryan Loysen (Monroe County Parks) re BoP Days coming up. I have been and they are wonderful!

"As the countdown to Bird of Prey Days ticks, please be sure to help us spread the word. Tell all your friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, club members, students, and anyone you know about the 25th annual BOP Days, this Friday through Sunday at Braddock Bay Park.

Please visit www.bbrr.org or like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BraddockBayRaptorResearch for event details."
« Last Edit: 16-Apr-13, 06:16:59 PM by Shaky » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-Apr-13, 10:56:42 AM »

Thanks, Bobbie!  I think I'll plan to go for at least some of the time.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-Apr-13, 11:08:31 AM »

Thanks, Bobbie!  I think I'll plan to go for at least some of the time.

Hope so, Patsy. It is a great place, and the people who run the day are excellent - and kids enjoy it too!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-Apr-13, 11:56:31 AM »

Posting this from my nephew, Ryan Loysen (Monroe County Parks) re BoP Days coming up. I have been and they are wonderful!

"As the countdown to Bird of Prey Days ticks, please be sure to help us spread the word. Tell all your friends, family, co-workers, colleagues, club members, students, and anyone you know about the 25th annual BOP Days, this Friday through Sunday at Braddock Bay Park.

Please visit www.bbrr.org or like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BraddockBayRaptorResearch for event details."

Saw that on GVAS and thought so, your Nephew!!  thumbsup

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-Apr-13, 12:18:50 PM »

Saw that on GVAS and thought so, your Nephew!!  thumbsup

Yup! Very proud of the lad. A stalwart in the world of environment, conservation. "The torch is passed..."
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-Apr-13, 05:08:54 PM »

BIRD OF PREY DAYS - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

One Entry Fee for Entire Weekend: $5/adult (suggested donation), Kids FREE!

Stay All Day! - Refreshments will be available for purchase from 8:00 am-3:00 pm Saturday & Sunday only. Come get some breakfast & lunch from 2 Guys And A Grill.

OPENING NIGHT!
Friday, April 19th
7:00 p.m.~ Live Birds of Prey Program with Paul Schnell and Liberty the Bald Eagle from the Institute for Environmental Learning

FEATURED PRESENTATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Saturday, April 20
10:00 a.m.-~ Migration Games & Activities for kids presented by the Genesee Valley Audubon Society
11:00 a.m.~ “Bird Photography for the Budget Minded” — Presentation by Carl Crumley, BBRR Volunteer and Nature Photographer
12:30 p.m.~ “Barn Owl Conservation: Habitat Protection and Nest Box Placement”— Chuck Rosenburg, NYSDEC Wildlife Ecologist. Meet LIVE Barn Owls, too!
2:00 p.m.~ The Rochester Peregrine Falcon Project presentation with June Summers from the Genesee Valley Audubon Society. Meet a LIVE Peregrin Falcon, too!
7:00 p.m. ~ BIRTHDAY PARTY for the Incredible Hawk & MOVIE NIGHT!

Sunday, April 21
11:00 a.m.~ Live Bird Presentation by the Seneca Park Zoo’s Wegmans Zoomobile
12:00 p.m.~ “Screech Owls in YOUR Back Yard”—Fred Sauter, BBRR Volunteer. Meet a LIVE Screech Owl, too!
1:00 p.m.~ Live Bird Presentation by the Seneca Park Zoo’s Wegmans Zoomobile
2:00 p.m.~ “Life of the Bluebird”& Nest Box Workshop—Linda Bender & Ruth Curchoe, BBRR Volunteers
3:00 p.m. ~ “Hawkwatching—Why We Count” presented by Daena Ford, BBRR Co-Director & HMANA Board Member

FIELD PROGRAMS
Saturday AND Sunday
7:30 a.m.~ Owl Prowl: Meet at the Owl Woods – take the Manitou Beach Rd exit off the Lake Ontario State Parkway and head east towards the lake. Parking will be ahead on the right.
9:00 a.m.~ Guided tour to the Song Bird Banding Station at Braddock Bay Bird Observatory*
10:00 a.m.~ Guided tour to the Hawk Banding Station*
11:00 a.m.~ Hawk Watch Orientation: Enjoy a walk to the Hwk Watch Platform to learn about hawk migration and how hawk counters do their job. Binoculars can aid viewing*
1:00 p.m.~ Guided tour to the Hawk Banding Station*
2:00 p.m.~ Hawk Watch Orientation*

*All events, unless otherwise noted, take place at the lodge at Braddock Bay Park on East Manitou Road in Greece.

HAWK BANDING DEMONSTRATIONS
Saturday AND Sunday
Meet a wild bird and learn about the banding
process. Get a chance to “adopt” your own raptor!
Please note that all demos will take place according to the availability of the hawks that are caught and the timing of their capture.

Braddock Bay Raptor Research—585-BOP-LIVE—information@bbrr.org—www.bbrr.org
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-Apr-13, 07:13:10 PM »

What a great weekend that is! I hope many are going!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Apr-13, 09:29:36 AM »

What a great weekend that is! I hope many are going!

Me too! They deserve everyone's support.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-Apr-13, 12:15:31 PM »

Don't forget the Braddock Bay BoP Days!!!

WWW.bbrr.org

thumbsup
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: