THE FORUM

20-Oct-24, 08:57:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Encouraging news about Pefas  (Read 1932 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« on: 15-May-13, 08:15:48 PM »

Although a bit disappointing to their fans, this news release from Toledo is actually good news. Who ever thought the population would recover to the point where there are too many eyases to band?

Toledo Peregrine Project
Just received this email from the Ohio Division of Wildlife: “Unfortunately, due to a number of factors, the Division of Wildlife will not be able to band the falcon chicks this year at UT. We will, however, continue to monitor these birds from the information you provide via the web cam as well as DOW personnel visiting the site as needed. I appreciate all your efforts to facilitate the success of the falcon project thus far. This year is the start of a new protocol for banding. We are only banding 10 sites across the state. We are very short on manpower for getting the birds banded within the appropriate age range as I am the only one from the District that is authorized to band Peregrines. We are also experiencing issues with having enough bands for the 10 sites already scheduled. The primary purpose for only banding 10 sites is definitely a positive one. Basically, the falcons are doing very well statewide and now we only need to band a sample of the population rather than attempting to band any accessible nest. Monitoring will continue and is extremely important. The success of this species is a product of many volunteers, such as yourself, making a diligent effort to collect and provide information as well as promote public awareness. My goal is to rotate the bandings in NW OH annually which means that UT will definitely be on next year’s list. Thanks again for all your support!”

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-May-13, 09:22:58 PM »

good news for sure!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
BIGFRANK
« Reply #2 on: 15-May-13, 09:50:46 PM »

Thats good and bad. We  have several Ohio birds in Ontario nesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: