THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 07:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 278   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1873045 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: 22-Jun-10, 07:48:58 AM »

On live streaming video.  First Archer flew in with prey. Beauty landed behind him for a split second and took off.  Archer brought the food up to the eyases and looked like he was going to feed them.  Then he took off and left the food.  Callidora claimed it.

I could hear the adults kaking in the background.

I was wondering where the morsel came from...don't have the stream running at the moment...thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: 22-Jun-10, 07:49:55 AM »

Jemison took the prey into the nest box, there was a tug of war which Callidora won and now she's mantling.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: 22-Jun-10, 07:57:31 AM »

(movie)

Breakfast, the movie

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: 22-Jun-10, 08:37:49 AM »

Close-up
It's BIG Foot!  Shocked

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: 22-Jun-10, 08:39:42 AM »

That's where Callidora hides.
  SEE??

huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: 22-Jun-10, 08:44:57 AM »

I think she's caching food back there! happy
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: 22-Jun-10, 08:50:01 AM »

Some nice morning wings for Aafke from Jemison.   clap

Thanks Carol and Jemison, I like to see more!!!
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2737 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:02:46 AM »

Might have to zoom cam 1 out just a tad...or shift to the left a hair...one of them (Jemison I think) is on the north corner.  I can just barely see feathers blowing.

PanCam is at its widest zoom in that shot.  One thing on our to-do list for later this year will be to move the camera farther back so we can get a wider view...

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:06:22 AM »

That would be wonderful!  It's a learning process  happy
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:12:05 AM »

Might have to zoom cam 1 out just a tad...or shift to the left a hair...one of them (Jemison I think) is on the north corner.  I can just barely see feathers blowing.

PanCam is at its widest zoom in that shot.  One thing on our to-do list for later this year will be to move the camera farther back so we can get a wider view...

Thanks!  I guess we'll just have to request a flick of the tail or wing from the girls over there when no one is around to pan the cam. 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:13:51 AM »

Holy moly!  Jemison's almost completely out of sight in the corner!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:15:30 AM »

Wings in motion!

Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: 22-Jun-10, 09:44:13 AM »

Our original intention was to mount PanCam in one corner of the small alcove to the left of the nest box.  That would have placed it about 10 feet from the nest box and provided a nice wide view.  Unfortunately when we got up there to do the work I discovered that the only masonry drill bit I'd brought was too big for the mounting bolts we were going to use.  The mast that the camera is mounted on wasn't tall enough to see into the nest box, so we had to improvise.  We'd brought a long 2x2 piece of wood that we were going to cut up for spacers, and we had other wood surfaces available in the form of the eyas ramp, along with a full selection of wood bits for my drill.  So we (Carol P and I) decided to mount the camera mast farther forward and use the existing framework supporting the ramp as the mounting point for the mast.  It worked, but left us with a narrower view than we'd like.

It is indeed a learning process (we're learning a lot this year about a great many things!).  After the falcons leave later this summer we'll have time to get out there and optimize the setup.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: 22-Jun-10, 10:00:56 AM »

Our original intention was to mount PanCam in one corner of the small alcove to the left of the nest box.  That would have placed it about 10 feet from the nest box and provided a nice wide view.  Unfortunately when we got up there to do the work I discovered that the only masonry drill bit I'd brought was too big for the mounting bolts we were going to use.  The mast that the camera is mounted on wasn't tall enough to see into the nest box, so we had to improvise.  We'd brought a long 2x2 piece of wood that we were going to cut up for spacers, and we had other wood surfaces available in the form of the eyas ramp, along with a full selection of wood bits for my drill.  So we (Carol P and I) decided to mount the camera mast farther forward and use the existing framework supporting the ramp as the mounting point for the mast.  It worked, but left us with a narrower view than we'd like.

It is indeed a learning process (we're learning a lot this year about a great many things!).  After the falcons leave later this summer we'll have time to get out there and optimize the setup.

clap
Considering this is the first year at this new nesting site, I think the views are awesome.  Maybe it's the new camera, but I feel like I can see so much more of the action  than I could atop the Kodak building.  For not even knowing where the falcons were going nest, you did a fantastic job! 
And I look forward to next year when all the fine tuning is complete.  I only wish there was a playpen on the TS building...there would be a lot fewer palpitations!
valhalla
« Reply #2744 on: 22-Jun-10, 10:27:35 AM »

This is the first time since Wed evening that I've been able to watch the video.  These two are all over the place!  Had a few heart stoppers today, but I'm getting used to their antics.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 ... 278   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: