THE FORUM

01-May-24, 07:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca Towers Falcons  (Read 104755 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 19-Sep-14, 01:00:29 PM »

Here are photos of the peregrine I saw on Thursday 9/18 at Seneca Towers between noon and 1pm. It was on the south end of the building on the ledge above the hall windows. She/he was eating. Because they were taken from my car while it was raining, it was too far to get an ID.

This falcon has a black over green band on left leg and yellow tape on right leg. The feathers appear to be more adult like and I would guess at least 2 years old. Note, there is no visible feathers above the cere, and the head is rounded. The chest lack streaking.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 19-Sep-14, 01:26:17 PM »

Looks like the same Peregrine I saw this morning with the only difference being the crop was empty when I saw it. I have one pic that looks like yellow on the right leg band.  handshake

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 19-Sep-14, 01:39:46 PM »

Good catch Joyce!  Beautiful falcon!   happy

Now who could it be?    surprise

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 19-Sep-14, 04:29:10 PM »

Let's pretend it's Bingo..come on ..19/BA... lol
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 19-Sep-14, 04:31:19 PM »

Let's pretend it's Bingo..come on ..19/BA... lol

OK, that was good!!  2thumbsup Hope no problems with the 3 there!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 19-Sep-14, 04:36:54 PM »

The only males that would fit the bill, (yellow tape), Baron and Zephyr, tape looks pretty good still! Hmm.

If it is indeed a male! Baron would be sporting some juvie feathers still???

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 19-Sep-14, 04:46:56 PM »

The only males that would fit the bill, (yellow tape), Baron and Zephyr, tape looks pretty good still! Hmm.

If it is indeed a male! Baron would be sporting some juvie feathers still???

He'd have had his first molt by now and yes would still have some brown in there but I have seen a 1 year old that looked adult and was told some mature faster than others but you are likely correct.  I think I'm just wishful thinking but he was the first one I thought of.  happy
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21-Sep-14, 10:05:31 AM »

MAK said that maybe Veteran migrated! Was he not spotted here last Winter?? I hope migration is the key to his disappearance!  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21-Sep-14, 10:47:43 AM »

MAK said that maybe Veteran migrated! Was he not spotted here last Winter?? I hope migration is the key to his disappearance!  Sad

I hope he is alive and safe too.   heart
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21-Sep-14, 01:45:45 PM »

I hope he is alive and safe too.   heart

Me too.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 21-Sep-14, 03:02:01 PM »

Veteran has disappeared for days on end before, although not at the same time as another male has appeared.  I'll bet he's fine and just biding his time.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21-Sep-14, 03:08:36 PM »

I've checked my Buffalo lists of juvies. My guess is that this mystery falcon is from UB MacKay 2012: "Phoenix" (aka Talon Alda) male, b/g-16/AW, yellow tape. Parents are BB and Yankee.

I don't think it is a Rochester tiercel. Baron 2013 would more than likely have streaks, and doubtful Zephyr's 2008 band tape would last 5 years.

If you look closely and enlarge my photos, it looks like a 6 in the black. If you use Google Chrome you can enlarge screen to 150% and see 6.  I thought I saw A in green on another pic, but nothing that I could get clear enough to post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 21-Sep-14, 04:10:24 PM »

I've checked my Buffalo lists of juvies. My guess is that this mystery falcon is from UB MacKay 2012: "Phoenix" (aka Talon Alda) male, b/g-16/AW, yellow tape. Parents are BB and Yankee.

I don't think it is a Rochester tiercel. Baron 2013 would more than likely have streaks, and doubtful Zephyr's 2008 band tape would last 5 years.

If you look closely and enlarge my photos, it looks like a 6 in the black. If you use Google Chrome you can enlarge screen to 150% and see 6.  I thought I saw A in green on another pic, but nothing that I could get clear enough to post.

Well, they are pretty much neighbors, Billie and Phoenix! Interesting Joyce.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21-Sep-14, 04:38:39 PM »

Well, they are pretty much neighbors, Billie and Phoenix! Interesting Joyce.

Hopefully he will sit still long enough to get a good read on the band sooner rather than later. Though we do love a good mystery!  Sherlock Holmes

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 21-Sep-14, 08:15:09 PM »

Sort of like "Mystery Date" for Buffalo Billie! blindfold

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: