THE FORUM

01-May-24, 06:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca Towers Falcons  (Read 104780 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18-May-14, 03:27:22 PM »

Here are a couple of pictures I snapped of STJ and STT today.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:10:42 AM »

Jenny, from the DEC, reported that Luzerne, the female that was hanging out at the Seneca Tower Apartments with a tiercel named Veteran, was found dead and brought into the DEC Offices.  There are no other details at this time.

Fly free Luzerne.   Sad   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:12:12 AM »

Oh no! First Voyager now Luzerne  Shocked  crying
« Last Edit: 25-Jul-14, 08:14:19 AM by Carol P. » Logged

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:18:39 AM »

Oh no!!!!   crying

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:22:20 AM »

OMG, I just saw her last week! I hope it wasn't fowl play!! MAK over heard 2 people in the elevator saying the "Hawks" need to be taken out as they were finding bird parts on the 22 floor balcony! I pray nothing like this happened to her! So many obstacles in that area, bridge, traffic, people!! Hope they find out what happened to her! Sweet Luzerne, fly free!  heart Feel bad for Veteran!  crying

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:30:16 AM »

sorrow sorrow

I would report what those people said to DEC annonymously just as a precaution.  We have had a similar situation up here where a woman threatened to poison the falcons.  That way if something happens, they know whose door to be knocking on first.  It's also a good opportunity to 'educate' people and remind them of the 'laws' around endangered species.
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:37:50 AM »

Oh no...I truly hope she didn't die because of humans  Sad  What an awful week for peregrines.  Sue (Bess)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25-Jul-14, 08:57:16 AM »

More bad news..fly free, Luzerne.  sorrow

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25-Jul-14, 09:33:34 AM »

Oh geez, not another one so soon after Voyager. Cry Sure hope no person was responsible.

Dot in PA
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25-Jul-14, 09:56:36 AM »

I feel lucky that I got to see Luzerne in person several times and that I got a few good pictures of her.  She was beautiful in her juvie to sub-adult plumage.  I also feel good that we named her. It would be a shame to have to refer simply to her band numbers in death.  She was more than a number over a letter.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25-Jul-14, 10:16:11 AM »

I feel lucky that I got to see Luzerne in person several times and that I got a few good pictures of her.  She was beautiful in her juvie to sub-adult plumage.  I also feel good that we named her. It would be a shame to have to refer simply to her band numbers in death.  She was more than a number over a letter.

I feel double honored to see her and Veteran flying around the gorge below and up to the Tower, right in front of me then Luzerne turning upside down to grab the food from Veteran! It was a "WOW" moment for me and one I will never forget! Shoot, I feel so bad losing 2 in one week!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25-Jul-14, 10:30:38 AM »

Such sad news...I only hope that humans did not have a hand in her passing!  I enjoyed seeing pics of her and Veteran.  Blessings to the rest of the Rochester Falcon Family! angel

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
WLABarb
Eyas

Like Count: 8

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25-Jul-14, 11:16:13 AM »

My condolences to all over the loss of Luzerne, and so terribly sorry MAK lost one of her beloved resident Falcons. Just reading comments about possible human involvement was sickening. I do hope that's not the case. Yes, a very sad week in the Rochester Peregrine world.
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-Jul-14, 12:16:32 PM »

A pic from today...

Fantastic Lou  thumbsup
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25-Jul-14, 12:19:27 PM »

So sad to lose Luzerne when she was so young, but at least she had a chance to "be a falcon".  Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: