THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you lost Social Stream...  (Read 7708 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« on: 14-Jun-14, 08:40:38 AM »

...on the Rfalconcam embedded streaming page?

Ustream has made some changes that have disabled the embedded social stream in some browsers.

One option is to open a resizable pop-up window with the Social Stream from that page.

-Click on chat (red arrow) and you'll get a pop-up window (blue arrow). Resize the window to still see the streaming cameras & chat away!

You can also go to the rfalconcam page on ustream directly, but social stream is only available on channel 1

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 14-Jun-14, 08:52:35 AM »

Note that you can open the video streams in resizable pop-up windows too. This allows you to arrange things on your screen any way you'd like.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-Jun-14, 11:29:14 PM »

I have to use Internet Explorer for livestream-it won't work on firefox but I can get the chat on firefox. It's all working fine on IE for me. So y'all might want to try it!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-Jun-14, 07:01:49 AM »

Is there a way to keep the chat open all the time, as in "always on top"? Every time I click a tab and come back, the chat is on the bottom taskbar, then I have to bring it up again and  again and again.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 15-Jun-14, 08:03:59 AM »

It's all working fine on IE for me. So y'all might want to try it!

Neither IE nor Safari suffer from Blank Social Stream Box Syndrome (BSSBS -- that's a lot of BS, even for Usteam). Both work just fine. However, neither one can use ad blocking plugins. So anyone who chooses to use them should be prepared to watch ads.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 15-Jun-14, 10:58:26 AM »

Is there a way to keep the chat open all the time, as in "always on top"? Every time I click a tab and come back, the chat is on the bottom taskbar, then I have to bring it up again and  again and again.

I'm not seeing this behavior. The chat window stays on the screen. Are you running your browser in full-screen mode?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-Jun-14, 11:28:49 AM »

Is there a way to keep the chat open all the time, as in "always on top"? Every time I click a tab and come back, the chat is on the bottom taskbar, then I have to bring it up again and  again and again.

I'm not seeing this behavior. The chat window stays on the screen. Are you running your browser in full-screen mode?

I'm with Donna...the pop-up window with the chat stream auto-hides whenever you click anywhere else. It can be opened as a new tab, but that defeats the purpose of resizing it & floating it over the bottom of the stream page.

Not the worst thing in the world, but still... m

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 15-Jun-14, 12:48:52 PM »

I'm with Donna...the pop-up window with the chat stream auto-hides whenever you click anywhere else. It can be opened as a new tab, but that defeats the purpose of resizing it & floating it over the bottom of the stream page.

Not the worst thing in the world, but still... m

Sorry, I can't fix what I can't reproduce.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-Jun-14, 10:58:49 AM »

The social stream is back on rfalconcam on Chrome!  YAY!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 16-Jun-14, 11:29:02 AM »

The social stream is back on rfalconcam on Chrome!  YAY!

And Firefox too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: