THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 08:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Backyard 2015  (Read 19763 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07-May-15, 07:54:14 PM »

I stopped at the eagle nest on the way home. I won't be able to see the nest in a few days...totally hidden by the leaves. But I did catch a few good pics. I really like this one of Dad flying into the nest...which you can barely make out on the left.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-May-15, 08:16:38 PM »

I stopped at the eagle nest on the way home. I won't be able to see the nest in a few days...totally hidden by the leaves. But I did catch a few good pics. I really like this one of Dad flying into the nest...which you can barely make out on the left.

Nice white tail Ei!  eagle eagle2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-May-15, 08:39:01 PM »

Nice white tail Ei!  eagle eagle2

Thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07-May-15, 09:51:56 PM »

Nice catch!   eagle

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-May-15, 03:07:42 PM »

Great photo, Ei!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08-May-15, 03:47:55 PM »

Awesome shot! 2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08-May-15, 04:01:29 PM »

This is Dad perched near the nest. Yes, he's banded. As far as I know no one has gotten the numbers.

I was lucky to get the picture I did of the eyas...this is what the view of the nest looks like now. Another few days and you won't see anything at all.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08-May-15, 04:09:49 PM »

This is Dad perched near the nest. Yes, he's banded. As far as I know no one has gotten the numbers.

I was lucky to get the picture I did of the eyas...this is what the view of the nest looks like now. Another few days and you won't see anything at all.

Nice pics, Ei!  He's very handsome!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-Jul-15, 06:58:10 PM »

Since the trees leafed out I haven't seen much of the eagles...an occasional glimpse of the adults in their favorite roost tree but that's been it.

This morning I spotted a juvie perched in the tree next to one of the adults! Of course it was on the way TO work so I couldn't stop and no sign of one this evening. Timing is just about right-about 12 weeks since hatching. You forget how long it takes for a bald eagle to fledge while watching the pefas LOL!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-Jul-15, 09:19:39 PM »

Since the trees leafed out I haven't seen much of the eagles...an occasional glimpse of the adults in their favorite roost tree but that's been it.

This morning I spotted a juvie perched in the tree next to one of the adults! Of course it was on the way TO work so I couldn't stop and no sign of one this evening. Timing is just about right-about 12 weeks since hatching. You forget how long it takes for a bald eagle to fledge while watching the pefas LOL!

Very cool, Ei! 2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-Jul-15, 09:39:04 PM »

good post I've been really enjoying your saga of the backyard eagles and glad you finally saw a juvie today.

Dot in PA
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-Jul-15, 10:29:25 PM »

Very cool Ei! When you move to Rochester you should come live at Seneca Towers then you could have falcons in your backyard!

pfalcon foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25-Jul-15, 04:42:54 PM »

Very cool Ei! When you move to Rochester you should come live at Seneca Towers then you could have falcons in your backyard!

pfalcon foxbinocs

I honestly would love that!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25-Jul-15, 04:56:22 PM »

On my way home last night I spotted both adults and 1 juvie in their favorite tree. I had a car right on my bumper so I couldn't turn onto the shoulder quickly. By the time I got down the road & turned around the juvie was flying...just shooting blindly in the direction he went I got this picture of him (don't know why I've been saying him)

Both adults were still there male on the left and female on the right

Another watcher stopped and said both juvies are out there...he saw the 2nd one on the other side of the road. They fledged a bit more than a week ago.

The male took off (video to upload later) and the female stayed for quite a while. I caught her take off.

This album has all the pictures I've gotten so far of the family.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/7382178@N02/621De5

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25-Jul-15, 08:43:28 PM »

The male flying off

http://youtu.be/uxGtqsqQ5kE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: