THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 03:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Baerbel!  (Read 4189 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 10-Feb-15, 03:57:28 AM »

CHIRPY BIRD-DAY, BAERBEL!

Slainte!

wave
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Feb-15, 06:03:33 AM »

Happy Birthday Baerbel!
 falcon falcon falcon
Greetings Aafke
[/b]

Feed the birds!!!!
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Feb-15, 06:22:20 AM »

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-Feb-15, 06:46:58 AM »

Happy Birthday Baerbel!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

rose rose birthday birthday2 rose rose

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-Feb-15, 07:45:17 AM »

Have a great Birthday Baerbel!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-Feb-15, 09:22:58 AM »

b-day  happybday  b-day

3postrule

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
BaerbelW
Juvie

Like Count: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 10-Feb-15, 02:47:42 PM »

Thanks folks!

I already shared the following with the other mods/admins:

As those of you who are connected with me on Facebook will perhaps know from my activities there, I'm spending most of my spare time with climate-related stuff, helping with Skeptical Science everywhich way I can (http://sks.to/BaerbelW). In addition, I still coordinate the work of the Wilhelma-volunteers and am active at our local conservation group and sometimes help in climate-related online courses (MOOCs) as Community Teaching Assistant. This unfortunately, doesn't leave time to actively stay involved with RFalconCam apart from following some FB-postings or Tweets now and then.
Due to this, I'm wondering if it might not be best, if I "step down" as moderator/admin for RFalconCam as I'm no longer able to really fullfil that role.

Followed a bit later by this:

I haven't yet made up my mind - which is why I posted this as a question  

It's just that I no longer have the bandwidth to really do the job a moderator/admin should be doing. As long as you all don't have an issue with me not sharing the load, I don't mind staying on as mod/admin (if only in name!).

The next couple of months will be very busy for me as Skeptical Science and the University of Queensland are currently putting together a MOOC which is scheduled to start in April:
Denial101x: Making Sense of Climate Science Denial

I'll be helping with moderating the forums which could get rather timeconsuming given the topic and that "the usual suspects" are already starting to make some noise about it.

On the other hand, I just learned last week that Kärcher (the company I've been working for since 2011) is going to put up a peregrine nestbox on its premises in order to try and get the pigeons under control. So, who knows? I may get to do some more falcon watching in the not too distant future!   2thumbsup

To add to the last paragraph: I learned today that the pole with the nestbox is planned to be installed next week and it will be equipped from the get-go with a camera and the necessary cabling!

So, what do you think? Are you okay with me staying on as mod/admin "in name only"?

Cheers
Baerbel
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-Feb-15, 03:54:48 PM »

Thanks folks!

So, what do you think? Are you okay with me staying on as mod/admin "in name only"?

Cheers
Baerbel

Happy Birthday & congratulations on the nest box! And I, for one, have no problem at all with you staying on as an admin in name only with the occasional visit to say Hi! I wish I had the energy do do half as much as you do!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: