THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:34:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lurkers Come Out Day! 2015  (Read 24552 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 19-Feb-15, 06:05:24 AM »

I'm certainly no lurker, but I have been gone for a while.  My husband, Frank, had surgery 2 weeks ago and I've have had my hands full with him & all this dang snow!  He's doing fine, nothing really serious, but he can't lift more than 10 lbs for a while! So that leaves the snow removal to me- almost 55 years old and used the snow blower for the first time in my life! haha! Not bad, until it broke! Out for repairs, yet I do believe it is snowing out there again! I am SOOOO looking forward to Spring & becoming a watcher! yahoo

I'm glad it was nothing serious with hubby. This is the first year I haven't run a snow blower and I miss it. I enjoyed getting out in the fresh air, of course it helps that I like snow! Spring is right around the corner, I think!
 hahaha

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19-Feb-15, 06:54:21 AM »

Glad you're back with us Pat and happy to hear that all is well with your husband.  We used to have a snow blower.  I loved using it.  Now we get our driveway plowed, but I'm still out every day shoveling, shoveling shoveling.  Spring is just around the corner!   flowers

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19-Feb-15, 07:39:52 AM »

Last time I heard something was around the corner was my Honeymoon in 1980, in Pompano Beach. My moms friend was taking us out to dinner and we walked because he said it was "Just around the corner" Well, 5 miles later and NOT finding the restaurant, he said again, "it's just around the corner". Need I say more??  devil

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19-Feb-15, 07:43:13 AM »

Last time I heard something was around the corner was my Honeymoon in 1980, in Pompano Beach. My moms friend was taking us out to dinner and we walked because he said it was "Just around the corner" Well, 5 miles later and NOT finding the restaurant, he said again, "it's just around the corner". Need I say more??  devil

laugh

Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01-Mar-15, 04:22:17 PM »

Since Rochester is still snowed in, figured Lurkers Day was still in effect!  I started waaaaay back in 2000-- and until the last year or so still checked regularly but have gotten out of the habit of posting  Nice to see some familiar names -- Aafke and Nora!  There are so many good memories not only of the falcons but also the folks that participated on the Kodak and Yahoo boards -- and the stories we have!

Best nature around me?  We are blessed!  Ospreys, bald eagles, egrets, herons -- all of which I can see from my house.  Local birds are the usual plus some very vocal crows!  It's a beautiful place of nature and we love it.
Vandrefalk
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01-Mar-15, 07:41:07 PM »

Yes, it's so good to see some of the old names. Hope it continues!

Nora in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01-Mar-15, 11:11:10 PM »

-- and the stories we have!

Best nature around me?  We are blessed!  Ospreys, bald eagles, egrets, herons -- all of which I can see from my house.  Local birds are the usual plus some very vocal crows!  It's a beautiful place of nature and we love it.
Vandrefalk

Oh, yes.  We have LOTS of stories!   happy

Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02-Mar-15, 06:09:37 AM »

It is nice to see you too! We shared a lot for a long time.
greetings Aafke

Since Rochester is still snowed in, figured Lurkers Day was still in effect!  I started waaaaay back in 2000-- and until the last year or so still checked regularly but have gotten out of the habit of posting  Nice to see some familiar names -- Aafke and Nora!  There are so many good memories not only of the falcons but also the folks that participated on the Kodak and Yahoo boards -- and the stories we have!

Vandrefalk

Feed the birds!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: