THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 04:11:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK's surgery  (Read 66603 times)
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 04-May-15, 07:12:12 PM »

Did you talk to the doctor today?

Nora in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 04-May-15, 11:43:44 PM »

Nora in Florida

wave  Nora, I wasn't going to have the doctor check my incision cuz it's looking better since I started washing it twice daily but tonight while washing it I found a staple tucked in on the top right of my belly button. So I will be calling tomorrow to schedule that-if it's not one thing it's the other eh!?  Roll Eyes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 05-May-15, 10:50:35 AM »

Nora in Florida

wave  Nora, I wasn't going to have the doctor check my incision cuz it's looking better since I started washing it twice daily but tonight while washing it I found a staple tucked in on the top right of my belly button. So I will be calling tomorrow to schedule that-if it's not one thing it's the other eh!?  Roll Eyes

Whoa !!!  The Doctor needs a metal detector !!! 

Lynne in New Hampshire
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05-May-15, 02:25:34 PM »

Nora in Florida

Whoa !!!  The Doctor needs a metal detector !!! 

I agree Lynn!  yes

-John Burroughs
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06-May-15, 08:49:58 PM »

Good that you found it before it caused a chronic irritation. I'll bet once that's out, the healing will go much faster. I'm thinking of you.

Nora in Florida

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06-May-15, 09:40:19 PM »

I'm thinking the same Nora since that's the only area on my incision that's still oozing,red and sore. Thanks a lot for thinking of me!  wave

-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #96 on: 07-May-15, 07:44:03 AM »

Good that you found it before it caused a chronic irritation. I'll bet once that's out, the healing will go much faster. I'm thinking of you.

Nora in Florida

Me, too.  Might want to ask if there are any stitches that you can't see while you are at it.  Anything other than the ugly old catgut irritates me something terrible.  Good luck and praying for you. xoxo
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 07-May-15, 07:54:54 AM »

Nora in Florida

Me, too.  Might want to ask if there are any stitches that you can't see while you are at it.  Anything other than the ugly old catgut irritates me something terrible.  Good luck and praying for you. xoxo

I'm one of those lucky ones that don't dissolve dissolvable sutures. About a year after my hysterectomy I had a tiny boil along the incision scar...and out came a piece of dissolvable suture. My periodontist didn't believe me when he did my gum surgery & used them...had to go back to have them removed...they never dissolved.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #98 on: 07-May-15, 01:28:18 PM »

Nora in Florida

I'm one of those lucky ones that don't dissolve dissolvable sutures. About a year after my hysterectomy I had a tiny boil along the incision scar...and out came a piece of dissolvable suture. My periodontist didn't believe me when he did my gum surgery & used them...had to go back to have them removed...they never dissolved.
Yup!  Rich cuts out everything that he can see, so I will have a scar, but no infection.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07-May-15, 04:48:15 PM »

Saw doctor today, he took out the staple that was left behind in my belly button and also found a long dissolvable stitch in there so he pulled that out too. Said the staple must have been under a scab and that's why we missed it cuz I didn't find it until 4 days after I started washing the incision twice a day. It's been 4 weeks since my surgery making it the half way point of my recovery. I go see surgeon on May 28th and hope that I will be able to shed this binder and start driving again-I can't sit up straight when wearing it and I don't think it would be very safe to drive with my seat reclined. I should be good to go just in time for fledge watch!  Wink
« Last Edit: 07-May-15, 04:54:09 PM by MAK » Logged

-John Burroughs
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 07-May-15, 05:35:43 PM »

Sounds good, MAK, but please don't push yourself too hard or too fast.

Dot in PA
amytraveler
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 07-May-15, 06:17:11 PM »

Good news MAK, keep gettin stronger, we miss you out there!

Jeannine
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 07-May-15, 07:00:47 PM »

That is awesome news! You know those birds won't fledge without their Aunty MAK! 2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
valhalla
« Reply #103 on: 08-May-15, 06:40:31 AM »

clap 2thumbsup
OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 09-May-15, 11:58:12 AM »

GREAT NEWS!!!

Nora in Florida
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up