THE FORUM

01-May-24, 04:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures from todays activities - 2/27/10  (Read 8024 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 28-Feb-10, 01:15:26 AM »

From Rochester Falcon Watcher - Dana M.
As Carol P shared earlier, Beauty is hanging out with another Peregrine Falcon.- From my- pictures I am fairly certain he is unbanded so this is not Archer.- See what you think.- Here’s the pictures from my watch.- Thank you for signing in and I hope you enjoy.
http://tinyurl.com/yfpad67

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=396

This is an automated post.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28-Feb-10, 01:43:34 AM »

Great report and pictures. So exciting!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-Feb-10, 06:47:09 AM »

wave coolphotos thanks2 foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-Feb-10, 07:27:24 AM »

Oh I don't think I can take anymore drama with these falcons. What a WILD few weeks. Real nice photos Dana. Wondering what happened to the falcon from 2 weekends ago. Maybe 1 will fly into Mariah's area and she can finally find some HAPPINESS!!! This is a banner year so far. Holy Smokes! This reminds me of the Bachelor! Who does she choose? Thanks.

Soon as you said "unbanded", you know who I thought of?.  Sad

valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 28-Feb-10, 07:53:39 AM »

Great pictures!  Thanks Dana!  I don't think the adult male is Kaver, but a LOT can happen in a year. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-Feb-10, 08:01:23 AM »

Could this be the same bird as 2 weeks ago?  Definitely no bands...but not our QT either...he's white over his cere.  Beauty sure did seem to be enjoying his company!

Thanks to you and all our faithful watchers for braving the elements for us!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-Feb-10, 08:34:15 AM »

Could this be the same bird as 2 weeks ago?  Definitely no bands...but not our QT either...he's white over his cere.  Beauty sure did seem to be enjoying his company!

Thanks to you and all our faithful watchers for braving the elements for us!

It looks like the same male that was at the nest on the 20th...same facial features. Here is both one at nest and Dana's. What think?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-Feb-10, 08:57:28 AM »

OK...had to collage it with a view in the same direction...I think he's different.  The malar stripe appears narrower in yesterday's bird-larger white area & higher up toward his eye...

But I may be wrong...opinions?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-Feb-10, 09:07:46 AM »

OK...had to collage it with a view in the same direction...I think he's different.  The malar stripe appears narrower in yesterday's bird-larger white area & higher up toward his eye...

But I may be wrong...opinions?

I just don't know!  baby

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28-Feb-10, 09:19:41 AM »

I really can't tell, the angle is different. I'd like to compare pictures of the Brighton male and this one? Have they both been seen at the same time?
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28-Feb-10, 03:09:39 PM »

How come all falcons look alike especially when they don't have bands!  Here are some comparison shots of the Brighton male and the new male downtown.  Keep in mind, as much as they look similar, without bands we can't be sure if they are the same falcon unless both are sighted at the same time.

The new male photos are shared by Dana from her 2-27 Kodak Gallery Album. The Brighton male (brick in photos) were taken on 2-13, 2-20, & 2-21 by me.

My first reaction was that the Brighton male came into town for a visit.  The Brighton building can be seen from the top of the South Ave garage, so with a falcon's eye sight they can see each other very well.  No watchers have yet seen the Brighton pair mating, nor have they been pre-occupied with specific location on that building. Over the past couple weekends, I enjoyed watching the Brighton pair flying and e-chupping.

Hoping Archer gets home soon without incident!
~Joyce
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28-Feb-10, 03:39:51 PM »

Joyce, pretty good chance it's the same bird-the markings are pretty similar to my eyes.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28-Feb-10, 08:27:28 PM »

I honestly can't tell.  confused Looks the same mostly. Some things look a little different but that could just be the angle of his head. It would be nice if each would have one identifying feature. sigh.
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-Mar-10, 10:42:42 PM »

Joyce, pretty good chance it's the same bird-the markings are pretty similar to my eyes.

I think I agree with Ei...the shapes of the white markings beneath the malar stripe are almost identical as are the wings tips...but then, I'm no expert!   confused

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: