THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 11:44:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article in D&C about the loss of Bronx  (Read 6123 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« on: 24-Jun-15, 12:17:13 PM »

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/06/24/young-peregrine-falcon-dies/29210285/

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-Jun-15, 01:37:22 PM »

Thanks, Kris.  It's a good article, although I had to correct one thing in the comments.  Counting this year's three, thirteen falcons have hatched at the Times Square Building. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Jun-15, 01:45:47 PM »

Thanks, Kris.  It's a good article, although I had to correct one thing in the comments.  Counting this year's three, thirteen falcons have hatched at the Times Square Building. 

I thought that was wrong-I counted this morning and came up with 57 total but it was early...thanks for commenting.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Jun-15, 01:55:17 PM »

I didn't even notice..good catch, Pat. 

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 24-Jun-15, 01:56:20 PM »

Thanks, Kris.  It's a good article, although I had to correct one thing in the comments.  Counting this year's three, thirteen falcons have hatched at the Times Square Building.  

I thought that was wrong-I counted this morning and came up with 57 total but it was early...thanks for commenting.

They quoted our Falcon History page, which only counts successful fledges and does not include this year.

As of Dec 31, 2014, there were 53 successful fledges in Rochester, 43 at Kodak and 10 at Times Square.

http://rfalconcam.com/rfc-main/falconHistory.php

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Jun-15, 02:03:05 PM »

Thanks, Kris.  It's a good article, although I had to correct one thing in the comments.  Counting this year's three, thirteen falcons have hatched at the Times Square Building.  

They quoted our Falcon History page, which only counts successful fledges and does not include this year.

As of Dec 31, 2014, there were 53 successful fledges in Rochester, 43 at Kodak and 10 at Times Square.

Well that makes sense then. We don't update that stuff in real time...just not enough hours in the day.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 24-Jun-15, 02:07:06 PM »

Well that makes sense then. We don't update that stuff in real time...just not enough hours in the day.

It's written to be a year in review. The real-time news is on the home page -- significant milestones in the middle section and tweets on the right.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 24-Jun-15, 10:51:04 PM »

The D&C article has been updated. Extremely well done despite the inaccurate falcon count. (For the superstitious, Bronx was number 13 at Times Square.) Nice touch adding the story about the kids in The Bronx.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/06/24/young-peregrine-falcon-dies/29210285/

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-Jun-15, 05:58:36 AM »

The D&C article has been updated. Extremely well done despite the inaccurate falcon count. (For the superstitious, Bronx was number 13 at Times Square.) Nice touch adding the story about the kids in The Bronx.

Yes-I would say that's probably one of the best articles I've seen about the Rochester falcons. Well done Steve Orr!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Jun-15, 08:55:03 AM »

It's really very touching.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-Jun-15, 09:30:47 AM »

Saw the new write up last night..very well done.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: