THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 04:23:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mariah  (Read 34536 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 11-Apr-10, 07:43:59 PM »

I am stunned continually at the number of people who are aware of falcons.  It is so cool!  Thank you birdlover for keeping an eye out!!

clap BL

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11-Apr-10, 07:49:45 PM »

Yeah, what she said!    gum

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #47 on: 11-Apr-10, 08:10:11 PM »

Keep in mind that the newspaper may have only used part of her statement.  Often a whole quote gets shortened by an editor because of space considerations on the page.

So let's not get too worked up over a short article in the paper.

I gave up on the Press years ago - they have an agenda, they write it and the sheep believe it (much easier than checking out the facts).  Take a snipet and make a story - today's press: aka the Drive-by Media!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11-Apr-10, 09:09:35 PM »

Wham13, our local tv station, had a short clip about Beauty and Archer today.  Nice interview with Jim P.  But, they showed times square building and had it captioned as Kodak.  Oy!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11-Apr-10, 09:26:03 PM »

Wham13, our local tv station, had a short clip about Beauty and Archer today.  Nice interview with Jim P.  But, they showed times square building and had it captioned as Kodak.  Oy!

See, everyone is still used to saying "The Kodak Falcons"....Now it's the "Times Square" falcons

birdlover
Eyas

Like Count: 18

"Mariah Is Home" 5-29-09

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11-Apr-10, 09:37:24 PM »

I personally think they should always be called the "Kodak Falcons".  It's where it all started, and it's where it should always be.  That's the ultimate tribute to Mariah and Kaver!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11-Apr-10, 09:53:41 PM »

I personally think they should always be called the "Kodak Falcons".  It's where it all started, and it's where it should always be.  That's the ultimate tribute to Mariah and Kaver!

I still call them the Kodak Falcons.....change is hard.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11-Apr-10, 09:56:09 PM »

I still call them the Kodak Falcons.....change is hard.

or Rochester Falcons...which ever comes out of my mouth first.  confused0083

Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 11-Apr-10, 10:13:31 PM »

Wham13, our local tv station, had a short clip about Beauty and Archer today.  Nice interview with Jim P.  But, they showed times square building and had it captioned as Kodak.  Oy!

And that was after I specifically told the interviewer that A & B were not the Kodak falcons, then went on to explain what had transpired since the box was removed from Kodak.  Also we sent a press release to the media following the first egg with similar info.  But as Janet pointed out, rarely does the press get the story straight.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11-Apr-10, 10:51:13 PM »

Wham13, our local tv station, had a short clip about Beauty and Archer today.  Nice interview with Jim P.  But, they showed times square building and had it captioned as Kodak.  Oy!

And that was after I specifically told the interviewer that A & B were not the Kodak falcons, then went on to explain what had transpired since the box was removed from Kodak.  Also we sent a press release to the media following the first egg with similar info.  But as Janet pointed out, rarely does the press get the story straight.

They have a promo for 13Wham featuring the "new lovebirds" for tonight!  Hopefully, they get it straight!  Sheesh!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 12-Apr-10, 09:18:55 AM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Falcon-Spotting/xXd86CaH6E29nDG8IdfxTw.cspx

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12-Apr-10, 09:22:18 AM »

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Falcon-Spotting/xXd86CaH6E29nDG8IdfxTw.cspx

clap Nice..thank Jim

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12-Apr-10, 10:51:05 PM »

See, everyone is still used to saying "The Kodak Falcons"....Now it's the "Times Square" falcons

We have to be careful with saying "Times Square" falcons.  When I was on the Cleveland Board recently, I noticed they follow "Times Square" falcons in New York City.  I guess we better stick to Rochester Falcons (TS Bldg) for now.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22-Apr-10, 10:37:37 AM »

6 eggs

Mariah before she was rescued by Carol & Brian

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile