THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:58:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441429 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:06:48 AM »

FB is very odd...every picture seems to have its address in a different place. Hope this works.

Nope-off to try a different method...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:08:03 AM »

Thanks Kitty, that's what happened when I tried it too.  You might have to download it then upload?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:08:50 AM »

Just going to attach it...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:43:08 AM »

Dad brought in food for mom and she was eating at far end of ledge.  She is quietly perched on ledge down there now.

Hopefully Cadence is somewhere safe eating and resting too.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:51:42 AM »

All seems quiet, mom actually went into nest box and is resting on eggs.  Perhaps Cadence has left the area, she must be exhausted as well.  Hopefully she chooses to err on the side of caution and move on.  This female, in spite of her injury, is quite strong.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26-Mar-17, 10:57:40 AM »

The Conserve Wildlife Foundation posted this reassuring message about 45 minutes ago:

While it might be hard to watch the drama unfold, we have to remind ourselves that peregrine falcons are wild animals and these battles over established eyries are quite common. New Jersey is not only a densely populated state for humans, but it also is for peregrine falcons. At another well established eyrie (Jersey City), in 2015 the 20 year old female and 11 year old male were replaced with new birds (female banded 41/AX and male unbanded). Then in 2016, after the female laid one egg, then new male was replaced. We're unsure of what will happen this year, but we know that many battles have occurred there as they are here now. Of course the fate of these eggs hang in the delicate balance of survival here where only the fittest will survive. We can only watch and admire the shear beauty and power of these amazing predatory birds. You can rest assured that if an injured bird were found on the ground or on a ledge of the building then someone would respond and help the bird in need of care. BW
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26-Mar-17, 11:19:41 AM »

The Conserve Wildlife Foundation posted this reassuring message about 45 minutes ago:

While it might be hard to watch the drama unfold, we have to remind ourselves that peregrine falcons are wild animals and these battles over established eyries are quite common. New Jersey is not only a densely populated state for humans, but it also is for peregrine falcons. At another well established eyrie (Jersey City), in 2015 the 20 year old female and 11 year old male were replaced with new birds (female banded 41/AX and male unbanded). Then in 2016, after the female laid one egg, then new male was replaced. We're unsure of what will happen this year, but we know that many battles have occurred there as they are here now. Of course the fate of these eggs hang in the delicate balance of survival here where only the fittest will survive. We can only watch and admire the shear beauty and power of these amazing predatory birds. You can rest assured that if an injured bird were found on the ground or on a ledge of the building then someone would respond and help the bird in need of care. BW

I def feel better knowing they are on it, in case one comes down!! THX!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26-Mar-17, 11:23:55 AM »

It might be over Donna.  She's sound asleep on her eggs.  First time since Friday she's been in there like that and not running around dodging attacks.  The male also seemed to fly in with her a few times earlier so perhaps he helped her and Cadence retreated...hopefully to safety and without injury.  The fact that Cadence didn't come into the box after her gives me hope that she was smart enough not to want to engage directly to avoid injury.

I'll keep an eye on the board to see if there are any messages or reports.  
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26-Mar-17, 11:25:59 AM »

I love the fact the juvies have so much room to walk around, get lost,  Cheesy and get a good take off for first flights!! I pray all goes well here, for all!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 26-Mar-17, 11:27:57 AM »

It might be over Donna.  She's sound asleep on her eggs.  First time since Friday she's been in there like that and not running around dodging attacks.  The male also seemed to fly in with her a few times earlier so perhaps he helped her and Cadence retreated...hopefully to safety and without injury.  The fact that Cadence didn't come into the box after her gives me hope that she was smart enough not to want to engage directly to avoid injury.

I'll keep an eye on the board to see if there are any messages or reports.  

Thanks Carly, just turned on the cam and see her finally resting!!  heart

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26-Mar-17, 12:36:03 PM »

Male came in and female hopped out to greet him, she is visibly hopping and favoring her right leg.  Would be consistent with a talon lock and may indicate there was a decisive battle this morning.  Or maybe she feels she can show her injuries now that it's safe.
« Last Edit: 26-Mar-17, 12:43:18 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26-Mar-17, 01:16:32 PM »

Uh oh, male came in for a quick chat, she started kacking after he left and quick poop shoot and off she went. And he's back into the igloo... we spoke too soon?
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26-Mar-17, 01:18:17 PM »

Just saw a falcon fly around the building..and another!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26-Mar-17, 02:08:43 PM »

Cadence has upped her game, intense aerial type battle going on right now...female came in for a landing and fell and C was right on her tail.  She just took to air again.  Will keep you posted but Cadence is getting risky she's coming awfully close to the building..
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26-Mar-17, 02:17:40 PM »

Just saw a female fly up from lower levels up high and around the building.  Otherwise only dad in view at the moment.

2.19 and mom landed back in front of nest box, good landing this time..she's vocalizing and posturing while looking up.  Cady must be up there somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: