THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441430 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: 08-May-18, 03:20:36 PM »

Here's mom and the kids.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 08-May-18, 03:31:07 PM »

Here's mom and the kids.

I hope things go well here..she needs a good year!  heart

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 08-May-18, 04:13:34 PM »

He picked up the tiny one and started carrying it around, was he going to throw it out like he did the other one last year cause it's smaller and hatched last?

Thankfully Cadence came back, kids are all looking for food..no sign of any.
« Last Edit: 08-May-18, 05:21:55 PM by carly » Logged
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1053 on: 08-May-18, 04:22:22 PM »

I think this is Dad/Luke/the male with the chicks.  He picked another one up, too.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 08-May-18, 04:33:31 PM »

Did he hit his head maybe?  He's been really weird this year, almost like he's stunned half the time.  Last year he brooded like crazy, this year he seems like he doesn't know what they are.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 08-May-18, 05:39:14 PM »

Allen is back in babysitting..so far so good, he hasn't poked or grabbed the kids.  

5.51 pm and looks like Cadence was out hunting, fresh food brought in by her, still has wings on and everything.  

6.25 pm and all the kids had a good feed by Cadence.  Thankfully she's a good huntress!
« Last Edit: 08-May-18, 06:27:01 PM by carly » Logged
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 09-May-18, 01:08:51 AM »

I'm wondering how old he is. In a way, this reminds me of EC out in San Jose before he lost his site.  He sort of just let it go, almost like he was too old and ready for retirement.  Maybe this male is on the older side.  If I remember correctly, he was slow to bring in food last year and I felt this year, he just wanted to stay in the igloo. 

The other thing,  he seems to be molting on his head.  I thought molt doesn't really start until the kids are fledged and off.  I think that is when we see Beauty & DC molt.  Or, maybe it's the lead levels that killed the kids last year?
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 09-May-18, 08:00:31 AM »

I guess we'll never know how old he is but some good points and observations NCA.  And yes I did notice his molting...they usually molt after the kids are gone so maybe that's why he's spacey...it takes energy out of them.  Strange bird he is. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 10-May-18, 05:16:10 PM »

Don't know what's going on, kids have been alone for hours now...Cadence did come in and check on them a few minutes ago..suspect she's hunting as food hasn't come in for several hours as per the chat on board.  Male was in a few hours ago with no food and apparently seemed unsure of what to do but at least he didn't try to pick up the kids again.

NCAFalcons
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 10-May-18, 05:21:59 PM »

I agree Carly.  This is like last year.  She seems like she's on her own.  He was around the kids, picked around the perimeter of the igloo, but didn't seem to respond to their hunger cries.  There was someone on cam 3, you could see their shadow, and that's when she came in, checked on them and then was out.  She did not act agitated, so I have to think she's out trying to find food.  

This is just really sad.  Hopefully his instincts kick in quickly...

Sad

ETA: just as I posted this,  she came in with a very small meal...  At least it is something for them.  Hopefully she'll get to eat also.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 10-May-18, 05:23:12 PM »

Did you just see that?  Both came flying in, he with the tiniest package of food ever and she ripped it away from him and is feeding the kids but that's not enough for 4 of them.  It's like barely a few bites for them Sad

It happened very fast but I think she ripped it from him or she had it and smacked him.  She was not a happy girl.
NCAFalcons
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 10-May-18, 05:25:20 PM »

My cams are not synched.  I didn't see them arrive, but then all of a sudden saw her come into igloo with a tiny bird.

Those little ones are so hungry and you could tell she went in to feed them with a sense of urgency.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 10-May-18, 05:26:38 PM »

My cams are not synched.  I didn't see them arrive, but then all of a sudden saw her come into igloo with a tiny bird.

Those little ones are so hungry and you could tell she went in to feed them with a sense of urgency.

They're far too young to go with so little food, the smallest one won't survive if this keeps up.  The site keeps defending him but I hope they wake up and realize help may be needed here.
NCAFalcons
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 10-May-18, 05:28:44 PM »

They're far too young to go with so little food, the smallest one won't survive if this keeps up.  The site keeps defending him but I hope they wake up and realize help may be needed here.

Agreed.  Honestly, I think this is what was part of the problem last year.  He didn't provide.  Interested in sitting on eggs, but not on the after hatch care.  It's really weird.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 10-May-18, 05:29:27 PM »

One kid got most of it it seems, see another with no crop at all..wonder if tiny got any.  And Cadence needs to eat herself.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: