THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:22:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 309156 times)
Elimac
Egg

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 16-Jun-10, 06:48:20 AM »

Our little Warrior princess is growing with leaps and bounds.  I stopped briefly yesterday AM on my drive into work, and she is already starting to flap a lot.  Seneca and Cheyenne were both on the bridge railing below the nest, about 8 feet from where we drive into work.  I plan on sharing much more about this little one, and for many years to come about Seneca.
 heart
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 16-Jun-10, 06:55:11 AM »

Our little Warrior princess is growing with leaps and bounds.  I stopped briefly yesterday AM on my drive into work, and she is already starting to flap a lot.  Seneca and Cheyenne were both on the bridge railing below the nest, about 8 feet from where we drive into work.  I plan on sharing much more about this little one, and for many years to come about Seneca.
 heart

Oh thank you so much elimac...wonderful you get to see Seneca and family. Will be looking forward to your reports. Welcome to our Forum.   bow clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 16-Jun-10, 07:00:13 AM »

wave  2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #288 on: 16-Jun-10, 07:24:24 AM »

heart

Oh thank you so much elimac...wonderful you get to see Seneca and family. Will be looking forward to your reports. Welcome to our Forum.   bow clap

ditto Oink!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 16-Jun-10, 07:24:49 AM »

heart

Thanks for joining the forum Elimac and sharing your Seneca/Cheyenne Watch Reports.  I look forward to hearing first hand how this little family is doing.  Thanks!

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 16-Jun-10, 08:07:45 AM »

heart

Elimac-- Welcome and thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 16-Jun-10, 08:27:55 AM »

Elimac...Thank you for posting updates on the little one!  I love the pics of her! 
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 17-Jun-10, 09:48:58 PM »

This is an amazing comparison.  I don't think I have seen any other falcon pairs this close in size.  

On June 13 Chad + Chris wrote...
"In the 12th shot, as we had thought since we first observed Cheyenne (and as Joyce has mentioned) Cheyenne appears to be a large male.  With the wings in synch you can see that their wing span is very similar (and Seneca, as the bottom bird, is actually a touch closer in this sequence)."

Check out their entire sequence of food exchange photos on CMNH.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 17-Jun-10, 09:52:50 PM »

Me either, they are so close in size..it's amazing!  If you zoom in you can see she is the bigger of the two but you'd be hard pressed to see that from the ground I'm thinking.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:45:06 PM »

OMG...AMAZING is right..these pics are breath-taking!  Shocked surprise heart Thanks Joyce for posting. Again, C & C come through with some  flash coolphotos

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:46:11 PM »

Wow!  Stunning pics of Seneca and Cheyenne!  Thanks C&C!

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 17-Jun-10, 10:55:29 PM »

bravo clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 17-Jun-10, 11:30:41 PM »

She is beautiful as is Cheyenne!  So glad they are together! heart heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
rynnac
Eyas

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 18-Jun-10, 01:14:47 AM »

Do we know if Warrior will be able to be banded?  Doesn't really look like a safe situation for her or a banding team to try to access her, but darn I wish she  could be so we could hopefully track another generation of M&K's great-greats.

Love to see her growing!!

Nancy in UT

Nancy and the GSDs in Utah
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 18-Jun-10, 03:20:39 AM »

I don't believe the Department of Wildlife will band the chick.  According to Chad & Chris, they said they couldn't can't get a bucket in order to band "Warrior Princess".  No equipment was available.

Others have been asking about banding as well. I posted a couple of comments to to Chris & Chad on CMNH.

I asked if there is any possibility of someone repelling down from the bridge and if it would help if we put in a plea from Rochester?

Check to see if C+C respond on the CMNH forum.

~Joyce
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: