THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:26:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 308490 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 02-Mar-11, 12:05:53 PM »

Posted today on CMNH:

"There were two peregrine falcons under the Brookpark Rd. bridge last night. It was getting to dusk when I stopped to check after walking the dogs, but there were definitely two peregrines on the bridge support. I am sorry I didn't have the scope to try and ID them!
Have a great day!

Lisa"

I do hope it's Seneca!

Me too!  Grin heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 02-Mar-11, 01:19:07 PM »

Posted today on CMNH:

"There were two peregrine falcons under the Brookpark Rd. bridge last night. It was getting to dusk when I stopped to check after walking the dogs, but there were definitely two peregrines on the bridge support. I am sorry I didn't have the scope to try and ID them!
Have a great day!

Lisa"

I do hope it's Seneca!

Me too!  Grin heart

ditto

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 02-Mar-11, 06:47:26 PM »

Posted today on CMNH:

Have a great day!

Lisa"

I do hope it's Seneca!

Me too!  Grin heart

ditto

dittoditto
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 02-Mar-11, 08:43:43 PM »

Posted today on CMNH:

Have a great day!

Lisa"

I do hope it's Seneca!

Me too!  Grin heart

ditto

dittoditto
ditto ditto ditto :ditto:May I say triple dittoes?  Let it be Seneca!   Let Archer return.  Let Quest Be successfufl in her "quest"...  Mariah and Kaver?  Bless you for all of this ...keep an eye on them all, and let this be a fruitful breeding season for our falcons. 
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 02-Mar-11, 08:57:40 PM »

I do hope that Seneca has returned.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 02-Mar-11, 10:53:19 PM »

C & C posted pics of the female tonight on the CMNH Forum.  They question whether it's Seneca because there's a mysterious black stripe around the rt leg band where Seneca has a silver band. Some characteristics do look like Seneca but no confirmation yet on who this is with Cheyenne. Any thoughts?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 02-Mar-11, 11:02:50 PM »

Oh no! Black band, I don't think so. Where could she be, unless she just didn't come back yet. Stressful!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 03-Mar-11, 07:40:52 AM »

Oh no! Black band, I don't think so. Where could she be, unless she just didn't come back yet. Stressful!
I looked at the pictures. You can see silver above and below the black. It looks like tape. Could she have been in someones rehab? I can't tell if its her or not. I was comparing pics from this past fall and now lot of similarities and there are differences but it could be camera angles too. Hope they can get better pics of the green and black bands only way to tell for sure. Unless she holds up a sign. Embarrassed
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 03-Mar-11, 09:43:43 AM »

I looked at the pictures. You can see silver above and below the black. It looks like tape. Could she have been in someones rehab? I can't tell if its her or not. I was comparing pics from this past fall and now lot of similarities and there are differences but it could be camera angles too. Hope they can get better pics of the green and black bands only way to tell for sure. Unless she holds up a sign. Embarrassed

I was thinking the same thing, BC, and I also thought I saw similarities but then differences in comparison pics.  We'll just have to wait for an identity confirmation from C & C.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 07-Mar-11, 09:37:18 AM »

Confirmation on the CMNH site that the female with Cheyenne is not Seneca (lots of postings and pics of the female on that site now).  The female has been positively identified -from Harrisburg, PA. 2009.  The tape on the right leg over the silver federal band was green-used for identification purposes at banding time. I wonder what happened to Seneca-hope she's OK. Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 07-Mar-11, 09:49:33 AM »

Shocked  Oh no!  Cry

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 07-Mar-11, 09:59:43 AM »

OMG    NOooooooooooo, I'm so heart-broken!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 07-Mar-11, 10:06:15 AM »

And we'll end with some various shots of the new female. They were still keeping their distance from each other when perched today, although they were vocalizing to one another and they did fly around together a little bit. No visits to the nest site by this female that we've seen at this point.

Just want to say that we have really enjoyed watching Seneca at this nest site over the past year, and we were glad to have all of the New Yorkers so interested in following Seneca. Although we're glad Cheyenne recruited another female, we're sorry to see Seneca gone from this site, as she gave us many great moments and memories here in a short time.  from C & C

new female from Harrisburg 2009
Green girl from Harrisburg. 2009

Today we were able to read the bands. She is from Harrisburg, PA (2009) with the band numbers 49/AE (unnamed). We contacted the peregrine coordinator from PA and he confirmed that she is their bird and that green tape was used to help ID her at fledge time.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 07-Mar-11, 10:22:00 AM »

I'm heart-broken too, Donna.   Cry

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 07-Mar-11, 10:27:54 AM »

I'm heart-broken too, Donna.   Cry

Sad  crying
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: