THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 308512 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 05-May-11, 07:15:20 AM »

I wonder with the elevated white blood cell count and the green feces. If there is something in the environment at that nest site. That is what is making Cheyenne ill and maybe caused the problems that little Warrior had last year (he did not seem developed correctly IE feathers etc) before he disappeared. Which maybe why our girl left (or it made her so sick that she....I don't even want to go there.)  Cry
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 05-May-11, 12:09:13 PM »

crying heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 05-May-11, 01:52:39 PM »

I wondered about the site also. One little one died early and then sweet Warrior. I am hopeful about Seneca though.  She was the last to fledge and Mariah did a lot of flying with her.  I think she is tough.  She may, like Quest, be searching for a nestbox. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 05-May-11, 09:33:21 PM »

I wondered about the site also. One little one died early and then sweet Warrior. I am hopeful about Seneca though.  She was the last to fledge and Mariah did a lot of flying with her.  I think she is tough.  She may, like Quest, be searching for a nestbox. 

I also have to wonder about this site, jeanne.  Is any agency available to go test the site?  Who WOULD be responsible for testing, or maybe the word is Willing? 
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 05-May-11, 10:05:01 PM »

I also have to wonder about this site, jeanne.  Is any agency available to go test the site?  Who WOULD be responsible for testing, or maybe the word is Willing? 
if I'm not mistaken its a NASA site so that is the US Government and I'm sure they will find nothing wrong with it.  Roll Eyes
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 09-May-11, 09:08:28 PM »

Posted by Chad & Chris on CMNH forum.  Perhaps a reason we never heard from Seneca again.

"GG has been less consistently around the bridge over the last few days when we've checked, but was there with a full crop this evening. We can't tell if the two eggs are still up there-- they aren't in view if they are.

The news on Cheyenne is good-- he's responding very well to the antibiotics and his defecation is back to normal. He's eating well and is energetic again, per Laura. The blood panel ruled out a rodenticide, but the poison that was in his system is still unknown. Laura feels that if he continues to recover as well as he has he should be releaseable within a couple weeks.

Joyce-- you're right that the nest area makes them vulnerable. DOW really did want to get a nest tray into that cubby, but it was a conflict with the airport. We didn't get around to posting this, but we found out that they had been trapping and relocating raptors at the airport in an effort to prevent airplane/bird strikes. No way of knowing, but it could even explain how Seneca disappeared at such an odd time. They were transporting trapped peregrines all the way to Toledo (over 100 miles away). Laura met with airport officials and there is now an agreement in place that all trapped birds from the airport will be assessed (and identified, if banded) at the MRC. The resident peregrines would not be relocated if they get trapped. However, it was after that meeting that Cheyenne was transported out to Back to the Wild, so hopefully the protocol will work more efficiently in the future."
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 09-May-11, 09:09:52 PM »

OMG Just came over to post this too!! 

We didn't get around to posting this, but we found out that they had been trapping and relocating raptors at the airport in an effort to prevent airplane/bird strikes. No way of knowing, but it could even explain how Seneca disappeared at such an odd time.
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 09-May-11, 09:22:55 PM »

OMG Just came over to post this too!! 

We didn't get around to posting this, but we found out that they had been trapping and relocating raptors at the airport in an effort to prevent airplane/bird strikes. No way of knowing, but it could even explain how Seneca disappeared at such an odd time.

This is all so sad.  I hope that Seneca is well ...somewhere.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 09-May-11, 09:28:34 PM »

WOW!  Sad  Poor girl. You would think, by instinct, they would record any band numbers before  they shipped them off! (You would think)!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 09-May-11, 09:35:48 PM »

You would also think that 'by law' they should be required to record the band numbers - isn't part of the reason we band them so we can identify them?  I can't believe they would do that, wonder how many other pairs have been separated like that.

I pray she is safe and well.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 09-May-11, 09:45:35 PM »

I don't even know what to say about this.   Angry

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 09-May-11, 09:47:03 PM »

I don't even know what to say about this.   Angry

Me neither!  bang head

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 09-May-11, 09:52:46 PM »

I just read the CMNH Forum post about this.  I'm so glad that Cheyenne will be OK and releasable but my greatest thought is about our Seneca.  I've always been hopeful that she's alright somewhere but to think that she was trapped and relocated without being identified is so sad.  If they had just written down a band number so we knew.  Sad

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 09-May-11, 09:53:16 PM »

I am speechless.  I am trying to look at the bright side.  Chances are they trapped our sweetie and maybe it gets her out of an area that might not be healthy.

That said, what the heck were they thinking to not record bands.  Is that even legal for the to do this trapping?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 09-May-11, 10:30:37 PM »

WOW!  Sad  Poor girl. You would think, by instinct, they would record any band numbers before  they shipped them off! (You would think)!!
tickedoff  You would think, wouldn't ya?   I am beginning to think that we need to pay more attention, and take more lessons from our avian friends.  Instinctively, they are smarter than we are!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: