THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s that time of year! Holiday/Christmas Cards!  (Read 8037 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« on: 17-Dec-18, 08:47:31 AM »

Every year, at this time, Donna would ask members to post our holiday wishes to everyone on here! In a salute to her and her love of the holidays, let’s continue to carry on the Donna tradition!  
                                                               falala

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-Dec-18, 08:56:08 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM KRIS, BILL AND OREO!                                  

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-Dec-18, 12:22:14 PM »

Yes, missing Donna leading the Christmas cheer this year!  snowing glitter santawave

This is still my favorite greeting!

http://youtu.be/Ooc5eJc5SHA

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-Dec-18, 02:15:40 PM »

Yes, missing Donna leading the Christmas cheer this year!  snowing glitter santawave

This is still my favorite greeting!

http://youtu.be/Ooc5eJc5SHA

Always loved when you post this!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-Dec-18, 10:42:51 AM »

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM BEAUTY AND DC!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-Dec-18, 01:01:39 PM »

My favorite main cam shot from 2018! Thanks, Kris!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 19-Dec-18, 12:01:49 PM »

Happy Holidays from Downstate Bonnie

https://i.postimg.cc/4NThRrG7/Cadence-Holiday-Card-2018.jpg

« Last Edit: 19-Dec-18, 12:11:32 PM by Bonnie » Logged

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings”
William Blake
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-Dec-18, 12:07:00 PM »

Loving the Christmas greetings!  2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-Dec-18, 02:39:02 PM »

These are great!
Vandrefalk
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-Dec-18, 09:05:00 PM »

Here's a Christmas story (and only a story) I wrote of a first meeting of two falcons.  These were the first falcons I watched and came to respect and love.

A Christmas Tail

By Carol P.

Since losing her mate, Mariah had continued to guard her territory by herself and she was very tired.  Winter was approaching and it was time to find a new mate.  It was not her time to stop raising young eyases.  This nest box on top of this tall building was her home.

She stepped into her nest box and dug around a bit in the gravel and snow.  It was perfect!  From here she could see all sorts of buildings, short and tall, with a river flowing through.  It was a perfect spot to raise her young.  The days got shorter and colder.  Mariah defended her territory from passing hawks, eagles and other falcons.  This was hers!

Mariah was on a ledge just above her nest box eating prey she had caught, when she heard a familiar sound.  One she had not heard in a long time.  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  She looked up from her meal to see a tiercel fly towards her.  He landed above her, looking down and chupping softly.  He was much darker than her lost mate and smaller.

When Mariah made no move to chase him off, he became bolder and flew down to the far end of her ledge.  Mariah continued to eat her meal, keeping one eye on her visitor.  The tiercel did not move the whole time she was eating.  When Mariah finished, she stood over the little bit of food that remained.  The tiercel moved closer, walking down the ledge towards her, very slowly.  When he got within reach, she lifted her talon and allowed him to take it.  It was a start.

A few days later, it was Christmas Day and the tiercel was still there.  He had hunted for himself, but had yet to offer anything to Mariah.  It was snowing hard and the winds were howling.  Mariah was inside the shelter of the nest box and the tiercel was on the ledge above her.  She was hungry, but knew it would almost be impossible to catch anything in his weather.

The tiercel took off and she lost sight of him as he flew into the gusting snow.  She was alone again.  Time passed and the tiercel did not return.  The storm was getting worse.

Then Mariah saw something approaching out of the whiteness.  It was the tiercel and he was carrying something in his talons.  He landed inside the nest box next to her clutching a Starling he had successfully hunted.  She stepped towards him and took the offered meal.  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  The tiercel stood back and watched as Mariah ate.  He had proven that he was a good hunter and that he could provide for their young eyases come springtime.

Mariah had found a new mate that Christmas Day.  With him, she would raise young again.  Mariah and Kaver were home.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
« Last Edit: 23-Dec-18, 09:15:05 PM by Carol P. » Logged

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 24-Dec-18, 02:34:04 PM »

Not Enlightened
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-Dec-18, 03:38:10 PM »

Not Enlightened

2funny

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-Dec-18, 04:33:29 PM »

Not Enlightened

laugh

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-Dec-18, 12:25:01 AM »

Not Enlightened

Love it!!  wub2

Lynne in New Hampshire
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-Dec-18, 12:26:13 AM »

Here's a Christmas story (and only a story) I wrote of a first meeting of two falcons.  These were the first falcons I watched and came to respect and love.

A Christmas Tail

By Carol P.

Since losing her mate, Mariah had continued to guard her territory by herself and she was very tired.  Winter was approaching and it was time to find a new mate.  It was not her time to stop raising young eyases.  This nest box on top of this tall building was her home.

She stepped into her nest box and dug around a bit in the gravel and snow.  It was perfect!  From here she could see all sorts of buildings, short and tall, with a river flowing through.  It was a perfect spot to raise her young.  The days got shorter and colder.  Mariah defended her territory from passing hawks, eagles and other falcons.  This was hers!

Mariah was on a ledge just above her nest box eating prey she had caught, when she heard a familiar sound.  One she had not heard in a long time.  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  She looked up from her meal to see a tiercel fly towards her.  He landed above her, looking down and chupping softly.  He was much darker than her lost mate and smaller.

When Mariah made no move to chase him off, he became bolder and flew down to the far end of her ledge.  Mariah continued to eat her meal, keeping one eye on her visitor.  The tiercel did not move the whole time she was eating.  When Mariah finished, she stood over the little bit of food that remained.  The tiercel moved closer, walking down the ledge towards her, very slowly.  When he got within reach, she lifted her talon and allowed him to take it.  It was a start.

A few days later, it was Christmas Day and the tiercel was still there.  He had hunted for himself, but had yet to offer anything to Mariah.  It was snowing hard and the winds were howling.  Mariah was inside the shelter of the nest box and the tiercel was on the ledge above her.  She was hungry, but knew it would almost be impossible to catch anything in his weather.

The tiercel took off and she lost sight of him as he flew into the gusting snow.  She was alone again.  Time passed and the tiercel did not return.  The storm was getting worse.

Then Mariah saw something approaching out of the whiteness.  It was the tiercel and he was carrying something in his talons.  He landed inside the nest box next to her clutching a Starling he had successfully hunted.  She stepped towards him and took the offered meal.  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  EE-chup!  The tiercel stood back and watched as Mariah ate.  He had proven that he was a good hunter and that he could provide for their young eyases come springtime.

Mariah had found a new mate that Christmas Day.  With him, she would raise young again.  Mariah and Kaver were home.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Carol that's beautiful! Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: