THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:52:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 301782 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 25-Apr-19, 06:38:40 AM »

DC was in early with breakfast for Beauty this morning.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 25-Apr-19, 07:41:48 AM »

Who was this yesterday morning?

It surprised Beauty.
Gone quickly

Back again about an hour later

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 25-Apr-19, 07:44:57 AM »

I was watching at that time too but didn't see the bird on top of the box...I wondered what got her attention. That's a fairly large falcon as well  Shocked  Definitely not DC from the markings, I know it's dark but it doesn't look like him at all.  Maybe it's Fission, looking to see if Beauty has an opening for a male?  DC will end up losing one of his sites if another tiercel is still around, happened to both Jack and WW.  Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, at least a new male wouldn't hurt the offspring and she'd have help to protect the territory.

I'll be keeping an extra eye out in the early morning now, I am usually up around by 5.30 am and have the cam up but I'm not actually functioning well at that time but I will try to be more diligent now.  I think if it was another female, Beauty would have been gone longer.  Might also explain DC's lack of presence yesterday for so long and his coming early today.
« Last Edit: 25-Apr-19, 08:06:29 AM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 25-Apr-19, 08:25:18 AM »

It might just be the early morning light, but it looks to me like at least 1 juvie tail feather

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 25-Apr-19, 10:13:22 AM »

B has a nice full crop!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: 25-Apr-19, 11:05:02 AM »

It might just be the early morning light, but it looks to me like at least 1 juvie tail feather

I think I'll zoom out Main Cam at night. We'll get a better view of the top of the nest box.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 25-Apr-19, 11:14:06 AM »

I think I'll zoom out Main Cam at night. We'll get a better view of the top of the nest box.

Good idea. While the zoom is nice we don't really need it for a few more weeks.

NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 25-Apr-19, 11:57:25 AM »

I was watching at that time too but didn't see the bird on top of the box...I wondered what got her attention. That's a fairly large falcon as well  Shocked  Definitely not DC from the markings, I know it's dark but it doesn't look like him at all.  Maybe it's Fission, looking to see if Beauty has an opening for a male?  DC will end up losing one of his sites if another tiercel is still around, happened to both Jack and WW.  Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, at least a new male wouldn't hurt the offspring and she'd have help to protect the territory.

I'll be keeping an extra eye out in the early morning now, I am usually up around by 5.30 am and have the cam up but I'm not actually functioning well at that time but I will try to be more diligent now.  I think if it was another female, Beauty would have been gone longer.  Might also explain DC's lack of presence yesterday for so long and his coming early today.

Interesting.  Yesterday, DC was on egg duty for a very short period of time - like 5 minutes, when something caught his attention, he started fast chirping and was out. Normally if it was something in the airspace, he'd be kaaking. This was his fast chirp - like B does when there's a falcon intruder.  B came back to eggs.  I think he returned a short time later.  I'll try to find the timeframe in archives.  I think you are right.  I think there was a floater yesterday which required him to spend his time at TSB.  

ETA: DC came on duty at 2:31. Something got his attention at 2:36.  He left. B returned almost immediately.  He then came back in at 4:01pm and looked a little wet or disheveled. If you look at the stills, you can see his head is puffed up.
« Last Edit: 25-Apr-19, 12:08:32 PM by NCAFalcons » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 25-Apr-19, 12:32:05 PM »

Thanks for your observations NCAFalcons.   I noticed today DC has been here several times already so that's good.  I figured something had his attention as he's not usually away from 'his' eggs for very long.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 25-Apr-19, 12:52:36 PM »

Interesting.  Yesterday, DC was on egg duty for a very short period of time - like 5 minutes, when something caught his attention, he started fast chirping and was out. Normally if it was something in the airspace, he'd be kaaking. This was his fast chirp - like B does when there's a falcon intruder.  B came back to eggs.  I think he returned a short time later.  I'll try to find the timeframe in archives.  I think you are right.  I think there was a floater yesterday which required him to spend his time at TSB.  

ETA: DC came on duty at 2:31. Something got his attention at 2:36.  He left. B returned almost immediately.  He then came back in at 4:01pm and looked a little wet or disheveled. If you look at the stills, you can see his head is puffed up.

I wasn't watching the stream so I didn't catch all that detail...thanks.  He was concerned about something when he left. I did notice his head was wet when he came back at 4 but didn't think much of it at the time.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 25-Apr-19, 01:29:49 PM »

Nice to see them together!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 26-Apr-19, 06:56:44 AM »

Long but quiet night for Beauty. I will be traveling today and won't be watching most of the day and limited watching over the weekend. I will be keeping the chart records but won't post until probably Monday night. Have a good weekend everyone!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 26-Apr-19, 08:28:28 AM »

Long but quiet night for Beauty. I will be traveling today and won't be watching most of the day and limited watching over the weekend. I will be keeping the chart records but won't post until probably Monday night. Have a good weekend everyone!

Have a fun and safe trip Ei!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 26-Apr-19, 08:31:17 AM »

Good morning Beauty and eggberts!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 26-Apr-19, 08:41:18 AM »

A very rainy morning and more showers expected this afternoon here in Rochester NY today. Beauty had no visitors overnight.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: