THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:03:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart Walk April 6th.  (Read 5390 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 27-Mar-19, 11:28:39 AM »

I'd like to say hello to everyone returning to Rfalconcam in anticipation of the arrival of our first egg. I hope you had a good winter. That egg should be coming any day now.

It's also that time of year when my coworkers and I participate in the Rochester Heart Walk taking place on Saturday, April 6th. The event is put on by the American Heart Association to raise money to fight heart disease, the Nation's number 1 killer.

Due to the past immeasurable generosity of humanity (especially falcon watchers), my personal goal this year is to raise eleventy bazillion dollars. If you'd like to help this steadfast guardian of vegetation,  visit my Heart Walk page and make a donation. I'd really appreciate it, and so would the millions of Americans who are affected by heart disease.

Shaky's Heart Walk Page

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27-Mar-19, 05:33:18 PM »

It's great we can use PayPal this year and...even better I was able to find my company on the 'Company Match List'...as they are a US company, it should hopefully be approved for matching!  Talons crossed!  happy
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-Mar-19, 05:45:24 PM »

It's great we can use PayPal this year and...even better I was able to find my company on the 'Company Match List'...as they are a US company, it should hopefully be approved for matching!  Talons crossed!  happy

thumbsup

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 27-Mar-19, 06:45:32 PM »

thumbsup

Thank you so much, carly and Kris G!
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-Mar-19, 09:57:41 AM »

Done!! heart heart  Hope you do well!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-Mar-19, 10:11:47 AM »

thumbsup

Thank you so much, carly and Kris G!

You’re welcome!  Good luck...hope you meet your goal!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 28-Mar-19, 11:01:45 AM »

Done!! heart heart  Hope you do well!!

Thank you!
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 28-Mar-19, 01:04:24 PM »

Wow! Thank you to everyone who made a donation!

I'm committed to doing all I can to help those affected by heart disease and stroke. I'm $255 away from my goal. Will you please help me reach it?

I am walking and raising money in this inspirational event because I personally know some of the millions of Americans affected by heart disease and stroke (and you might too), and I want to do something about it. Since 1949, the association has contributed more than $3.2 billion for heart and stroke research that has led to recent breakthroughs such as clot-busting drugs and drug-eluting stents.

I hope I can count on you to support my fundraising efforts and the great work of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association! Please make your donation by using this link. With your help I will be one step closer to reaching my goal!

http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=3960&pg=personal&px=2057058

BTW, I'm hearing rumors at work that the company is doing away with greeters. It's a good thing I have a 2nd part-time job.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 02-Apr-19, 09:19:55 AM »

Thanks, everyone!

I'm $145 from my goal. Just 4 more days left until the Heart Walk this Saturday.

How do you feel when you help fund research into congenital heart disease in newborn babies? How do you feel when your dollars help researchers develop blood pressure medications that keep people alive longer? You know the answers, so please make your personal donation today to help save countless lives across the country.

And now a reminder for something that millions of fans have been waiting for...

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 04-Apr-19, 08:36:10 AM »

Whoa! $935!

Thank you to those who have contributed. You're amazing!

If I had a heart, it would be filled with joy.

I'm only $65 from my goal. Can you help by following this link and clicking on the big red "Donate Now" button? Please don't say "gnome" to this opportunity to fight heart disease.

http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=3960&pg=personal&px=2057058

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 05-Apr-19, 11:32:38 AM »

$1000!! I made my goal! Thank you! I couldn't have done it without people like you folks.

And for those who still want to give, the link is http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=3960&pg=personal&px=2057058

The 5 km route is pretty much the same as last year -- start at Frontier Field, head into downtown, weave through downtown, and then back to Frontier Field. The weather will be a bit iffy, but that won't stop me.  We hearty (heartless?) gnome men take pride in our ability to withstand the harshest of weather conditions. Plus I know the route like the back of my plastic hand, so there's very little chance of me getting lost.

My 5 km mission: to boldly go where this gnome man has gone before.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 06-Apr-19, 08:58:23 PM »

The Heart Walk went great. The weather cooperated this year. The sun even came out at the end. Thank you to everyone who donated.

Did you see me waving at Camera 1?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
« Last Edit: 06-Apr-19, 09:07:22 PM by Shaky » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-Apr-19, 10:17:44 PM »

The Heart Walk went great. The weather cooperated this year. The sun even came out at the end. Thank you to everyone who donated.

Did you see me waving at Camera 1?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

I didn’t but congrats on making your goal and a successful walk..great day for it!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: