THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:11:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Quest (2008) and Mystery man - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 40164 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 10-Mar-22, 01:27:44 PM »

One of Quest's 2017 offspring was just on the ledge in Hamilton!!  Sent the info to their admin!  Yikes!  There has also been a female unbanded intruder here.

Here's is a photo of Nemo's bands I grabbed while he was on the ledge just now and one of him so you can see him as a grown up!

He reminds me of Mariah...white over his cere...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10-Mar-22, 01:55:27 PM »

One of Quest's 2017 offspring was just on the ledge in Hamilton!!  Sent the info to their admin!  Yikes!  There has also been a female unbanded intruder here.

Here's is a photo of Nemo's bands I grabbed while he was on the ledge just now and one of him so you can see him as a grown up!

He reminds me of Mariah...white over his cere...

Yes, he does. ♥️

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-May-22, 06:48:30 PM »

From CPF Facebook - just posted tonight:

Well, after being on hatch watch for the past 4 days, I am happy to report at least 3 hatches for Quest and Mystery!!!(Don Mills). Saw a great feeding this afternoon.  Pictures are from the parking lot across the street and into the box,  so not the greatest but gold to me cause I saw 3(maybe a fourth, time will tell) beautiful faces! It was reported that window washers were there on Friday (parents NOT happy)and saw 4 eggs, so fingers crossed for that! Fledge watch in around 38 days!!!!
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05-May-22, 01:27:36 AM »

Well, after being on hatch watch for the past 4 days, I am happy to report at least 3 hatches for Quest and Mystery!!!(Don Mills). Saw a great feeding this afternoon.  Pictures are from the parking lot across the street and into the box,  so not the greatest but gold to me cause I saw 3(maybe a fourth, time will tell) beautiful faces! It was reported that window washers were there on Friday (parents NOT happy)and saw 4 eggs, so fingers crossed for that! Fledge watch in around 38 days!!!!
heartheartheart

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05-May-22, 01:53:11 AM »

hatch1 hatch1 hatch1

Yay!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05-May-22, 09:17:47 AM »

Awesome! Thanks, Carly!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05-May-22, 04:52:39 PM »

This is wonderful news!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26-May-22, 11:06:51 PM »

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation FB page-
It's 4 boys for Quest and Mystery!!  Great banding day today, everything went smoothly. John did his usual great job of rappelling down and scooping up the kids while Quest and Mystery kicked up a storm! But they left him alone this year,  glaring at him from across the street.  The kids were brought into the lovely electrical room to be checked out and blinged up by Mark and Eve from the Ministry.  Marion took pictures from outside (she'll be adding her pictures to this post) and Mark (Nash) coordinated everything beautifully.  Thanks to building management and security for allowing us use their building once again and for their usual great support! Details as follows:

1st male, 695 g, C/31, red tape  , Yeager
2nd male, 655 g, C/32, blue tape, Nitro
3rd male, 685 g, C/33, green tape, Ace
4th male, 640 g, C/34, yellow tape, Zigzag

All names were submitted by the building management!

It's going to be a wild ride with 4 boys!! Fledge watch starts June 9th!!

Cathy

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 02-Apr-23, 07:31:09 PM »

Alison Brown forwarded me this.

March 21 at 6:13 PM
DON MILLS : Before the season starts, I just want to say a proper goodbye to another one of our resident peregrines, Mystery. He was a great mate to Quest since 2016. They had 22 successful hatches and fledges (tho some were lost after). He was a great Dad, taught his young well, looked out for them, fed them and was always on the alert! He was famous for his many, many alarm calls, which his young picked up quickly and were known to join in on the calls lol. I loved watching their interactions... He would try so hard to get egg time and then try to look after or feed the kids but Quest would only give him small amounts of time... It was so funny and cute. He will be missed.

But there are posts on the real Peregrine Foundation website with a hint that there is a new man, Quest's son from a couple of broods ago: http://peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/toronto-don-mills/
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03-Apr-23, 08:58:14 PM »

Alison Brown forwarded me this.

March 21 at 6:13 PM
DON MILLS : Before the season starts, I just want to say a proper goodbye to another one of our resident peregrines, Mystery. He was a great mate to Quest since 2016. They had 22 successful hatches and fledges (tho some were lost after). He was a great Dad, taught his young well, looked out for them, fed them and was always on the alert! He was famous for his many, many alarm calls, which his young picked up quickly and were known to join in on the calls lol. I loved watching their interactions... He would try so hard to get egg time and then try to look after or feed the kids but Quest would only give him small amounts of time... It was so funny and cute. He will be missed.

But there are posts on the real Peregrine Foundation website with a hint that there is a new man, Quest's son from a couple of broods ago: http://peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/toronto-don-mills/

I hope that Mystery is ok. Happy that Quest is still with us.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22-Aug-23, 08:57:58 PM »

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation on FB. Sad news
Well, I didn't think things could get much worse but they have. Horrible news from Don Mills. I am totally devastated to have to tell you this but our beautiful girl Quest has died. Mark got the call late this afternoon of an adult peregrine down in the Don Mills area. He rushed over to find our beloved Quest. Two fabulous women, Alexis and Tiana, watched over her all day(unfortunately they did not know to call us), keeping her safe until Mark could get there. He took her right away to TWC where they x-rayed her. She had a catastrophic injury to her wing.  Mark and the vet knew she would never fly again, she was in extreme pain and they did the right thing for her, they put her down. We are just gutted. I don't know how else to put it. I can't believe this. I saw her yesterday morning outside her nest box. Her home. Canuck was there this morning, now I know he was waiting for her. I'll do a proper good bye later... RIP our beautiful, fierce, amazing girl.. Fly high❤️💔💔💔
Fly free, beautiful Quest. sorrow

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 22-Aug-23, 09:13:36 PM »

We followed her for 15 years and tracked her over portions New York, New England, and Canada. She had quite the journey.

Fly free, Quest.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22-Aug-23, 09:21:24 PM »

Such sad news...but what a wonderful journey she took us on! Fly free Quest!

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-Aug-23, 02:48:16 AM »

Fly free beautiful Quest  kleenex

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile