THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 12:11:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 189079 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 01-May-20, 07:29:48 PM »

Yes, it looks like we might have a problem here. Thanks for your falcon eye, Carly.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 01-May-20, 07:32:03 PM »

She didn't give him much time on the eggs but he didn't seem to mind this time.

He took off alarm kakking.

Oh dear, hopefully just being over protective. The stream had crashed for me so I had the refresh cams up.

« Last Edit: 01-May-20, 08:43:02 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 01-May-20, 07:32:34 PM »

Yes, it looks like we might have a problem here. Thanks for your falcon eye, Carly.

Not the first she's done this.  Hopefully she catches it like she has in the past.  Just makes me nervous.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 01-May-20, 07:35:13 PM »

It's funny, though, because the first shell didn't crack that way. It cracked in an oblong fashion. If you look at the hatch photo, it seems like it wouldn't fit onto the other egg. On the other hand, though, where is it if it's not on the other egg?

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 01-May-20, 07:44:56 PM »

It's funny, though, because the first shell didn't crack that way. It cracked in an oblong fashion. If you look at the hatch photo, it seems like it wouldn't fit onto the other egg. On the other hand, though, where is it if it's not on the other egg?

I checked through the archives and that egg it's on now didn't have the color variance before.  It's the half shell from the hatch.  Hopefully her shimmying will take it off, it has in the past.  And if you look at this hatch photo, you can see the top of the shell came off and that's the one she has been munching on.  The bottom half is wrapped around the egg now.

« Last Edit: 01-May-20, 07:50:10 PM by carly » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 01-May-20, 07:52:43 PM »

I agree. However, if you look not at the still photo of the hatch but at the screenshot I took, it looks more like the side of it. That never happens, though, so it must be an optical illusion. B's a good shimmier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she can handle this.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 01-May-20, 07:54:50 PM »

I agree. However, if you look not at the still photo of the hatch but at the screenshot I took, it looks more like the side of it. That never happens, though, so it must be an optical illusion. B's a good shimmier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she can handle this.

I have a feeling she'll take care of it.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 01-May-20, 08:22:41 PM »

Poor DC  heart

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 01-May-20, 08:25:28 PM »

Finally home form work so I can say WOO HOO!!!!!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 01-May-20, 08:27:09 PM »

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 01-May-20, 08:31:24 PM »

Poor DC  heart

I see DC still has that scar/lack of feathers on his head that he got rather mysteriously almost a year ago. He must have been defending the territory in some way, shape or form. He doesn't seem to mind that he's not perfect anymore.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 01-May-20, 08:32:23 PM »

And the empty shell pieces are very light-not likely it will stay stuck.

And, we now have 100% proof that they don't hatch in the order they were laid. The light eggs were #3 & 4.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 01-May-20, 08:34:02 PM »

I see DC still has that scar/lack of feathers on his head that he got rather mysteriously almost a year ago. He must have been defending the territory in some way, shape or form. He doesn't seem to mind that he's not perfect anymore.

Yup, same as Beauty still has the scar/missing feathers on the right side of her face from her fight with Unity oh so many years ago.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 01-May-20, 08:36:10 PM »

Yup, same as Beauty still has the scar/missing feathers on the right side of her face from her fight with Unity oh so many years ago.

Yes she does, but she's still Beautyful to us. And she looks so much better than she did the day she returned to the nestbox.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 01-May-20, 08:37:54 PM »

And the empty shell pieces are very light-not likely it will stay stuck.

And, we now have 100% proof that they don't hatch in the order they were laid. The light eggs were #3 & 4.

Very interesting indeed!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: