THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 07:45:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Zara 7/10/22  (Read 1329 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 10-Jul-22, 07:09:22 PM »

Zara was last seen by the evening fledge watchers either landing on or flying near the Wilder Bldg on Friday evening. She has not been seen since. Today we contacted the owner of the Wilder Bldg and were given permission to check the building. Zara was not seen in or on the building or on [...]

Link:
https://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=3955

This is an automated post.
Casey628
Big Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Jul-22, 10:49:38 AM »

I was watching Blaze on the building with the fans and around 8:20+ I could faintly hear screaming and he heard it to because he also was calling out.  Has anyone else heard this?  How far can those microphones pick things up? It's not the fans.  Thanks
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-Jul-22, 11:42:21 AM »

I was watching Blaze on the building with the fans and around 8:20+ I could faintly hear screaming and he heard it to because he also was calling out.  Has anyone else heard this?  How far can those microphones pick things up? It's not the fans.  Thanks

It could have been his sister on Times Square calling for breakfast. One of their favorite spots to hang out is a ledge right above the nestbox level and the mics pick them up yelling from there.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 11-Jul-22, 12:36:23 PM »

I was watching Blaze on the building with the fans and around 8:20+ I could faintly hear screaming and he heard it to because he also was calling out.  Has anyone else heard this?  How far can those microphones pick things up? It's not the fans.  Thanks

The range of the microphone for the types of sound a falcon can make is somewhere around 50-100 feet.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Jul-22, 01:02:12 PM »

Thank you for checking out the Wilder and surrounding rooftops. It sure is a mystery what?s happened to her.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: