THE FORUM

01-May-24, 01:29:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty Accepts Archer's Offering (Video)- Sunday - 4/11/10  (Read 4405 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 13-Apr-10, 10:00:29 PM »

From Rochester-Falcon Watcher Carol P.
I spent a few hours watching Archer and Beauty on Sunday.- It was a beautiful, sunny day and they were quite active.- Twice on Sunday, Archer hunted successfully and brought in food for Beauty while she remained at the nestbox guarding the eggs.-
The first time Archer brought in prey and prepared...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=495
« Last Edit: 13-Apr-10, 10:30:17 PM by Carol P. » Logged

This is an automated post.
Mark Bezinque
Eyas

Like Count: 69

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Apr-10, 10:07:36 AM »

That was great, thanks for posting. You can really see the size difference!

Us (we?) occupants of the Times Square Building are finding more bird parts in the parking lot and in front of the building. I was speaking to the building owner as we watched a couple pair of mourning doves build nests in the letters on the front of the building, and he was laughing about finding bird guts outside! It's great he's so supportive.

I suppose it won't be so funny when I find dried bird parts stuck to the windshield of my car . . .

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-Apr-10, 10:36:46 AM »

Nice video Carol..I love the sounds they make when food is delivered and how grabby they get.  Thanks.  clap

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-Apr-10, 05:25:51 PM »

Us (we?) occupants of the Times Square Building are finding more bird parts in the parking lot and in front of the building. I was speaking to the building owner as we watched a couple pair of mourning doves build nests in the letters on the front of the building, and he was laughing about finding bird guts outside! It's great he's so supportive.

I suppose it won't be so funny when I find dried bird parts stuck to the windshield of my car . . .

Mark - Unless your car is parked next to the building below where they're eating, that shouldn't be a problem.  Maybe a feather or two blown by the wind.    wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 14-Apr-10, 05:55:08 PM »

I took a lesson from Paul Hamilton and pointed out to my guys what to look for when the PeFas are migrating through.  Being guys, every dead critter is reported to me and shared with me and all know to go into red alert when they see a carcess missing a head.  They even bring me down to look at the carnage!  All kidding aside, spreading the word that these are meat eaters and educating people before the guts go flying is always a good thing.  And don't park near the building for the next few months  Wink  Oh, the squeemish gals, stay away from me and my descriptions.
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-Apr-10, 07:13:05 PM »

Thanks Carol.

Great video

Greetings Carla good post ditto
Mark Bezinque
Eyas

Like Count: 69

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-Apr-10, 04:03:00 PM »

Yes, I park in the lot right next to the building, so bird guts. The parking lot guys were commenting on the "pigeon parts" that they find all over the parking lot. So far my car's been spared . . .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: