THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 03:17:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIRD OF PREY Days (Apr 23-25, 2010) Braddock Bay  (Read 10910 times)
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 24-Apr-10, 08:47:56 PM »

Thanks MAK!   happy

I heard afterwards that the Tiercel's name is Cade after Thomas Cade.  What a beautiful bird!   heart

You did do a nice job Carol! June did too! Can I get an autograph sometime?

Lou

PS I believe the falcon that was shared is "Kade" with a "K". At least, that's what Dana from BBRO shared with me. You're right that it is named after Tom Cade, the founder of the Peregrine Fund.  Dana also shared that Emma, the female that was shown last year, passed away this past year.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-Apr-10, 08:52:56 PM »

Thanks MAK!   happy

I heard afterwards that the Tiercel's name is Cade after Thomas Cade.  What a beautiful bird!   heart

You did a wonderful job, Carol!!!  And what a perfect name for a peregrine!  We owe much to Tom Cade for his work restoring the population of peregrines!  Cade is a beautiful bird!!!!!  So exciting to see a peregrine up close!

Thanks Jeanne and all the Watchers that came to the presentation.  Let's see, there was Kathy O, Lisa McK, Joyce, Brian H, Jeanne, Dan S, Dawn, Susan C, Dana, Lou, MAK and her friend (I'm so sorry I forgot your friends name!).

June did a wonderful job with the first part of the presentation, explaining Rochester's part in helping to bring back the Peregrine Falcon.  It's so sad to think that we almost lost this magnificent creature.   Sad

My part was introducing the new Rochester Peregrines, Archer and Beauty and sharing the new Falcon Watch area, which is much different than what we were used to at the Kodak Tower.  The room was packed and hopefully we'll get some new volunteers for this year's Fledge Watch.

At the end of the presentation, we had a surprise visitor, Kade, an absolutely gorgeous Peregrine Falcon Tiercel.

As we were getting ready to leave, we received word that a Merlin had been captured and banded at the Hawk banding station.  The Merlin soon arrived, an adult female.  We were able to see her for just a few moments before the Braddock Bay volunteer released her.  She was off!  Too quick to get a take-off picture.  What a wonderful way to end our day at the Birds of Prey Day at Braddock Bay.   clap  
« Last Edit: 25-Apr-10, 07:10:55 AM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-Apr-10, 08:54:59 PM »

Thanks MAK!   happy

I heard afterwards that the Tiercel's name is Cade after Thomas Cade.  What a beautiful bird!   heart

You did do a nice job Carol! June did too! Can I get an autograph sometime?

Lou

PS I believe the falcon that was shared is "Kade" with a "K". At least, that's what Dana from BBRO shared with me. You're right that it is named after Tom Cade, the founder of the Peregrine Fund.  Dana also shared that Emma, the female that was shown last year, passed away this past year.

Thanks Lou!  Very sad news about Emma's passing.  I never had a chance to meet her.  So it's Kade with a "K"?  Cool name, no matter how it's spelled.   thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: