THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:19:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormin' - Yonge & Eglinton (Rhea Mae and Tiago's little one!)  (Read 109869 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« on: 23-Apr-10, 11:09:46 AM »

From the Canadian Peregrine page:
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2010/04/sightings/2695/

(there is a picture on the link)

Stormin - (Black 30 over Black Y) is observed!
April 22, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Frank Butson Reports:

Thanks to Brett Tryon,the TTPBRS coordinator, for this photo of Stormin taken at Tommy Thompson Park. The website of The Tommy Thompson Park Banding Station(where Stormin was observed) is at www.ttpbrs.ca for their report on seeing Stormin and please check out their upcoming Spring Bird Festival at www.springbirdfestival.ca 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
BIGFRANK
« Reply #1 on: 02-May-11, 12:29:56 PM »

Here are some photos of Stormin taken by Murray Shields at the water tower at Warden and Eglington,in Toronto in early September of 2010. Also photos by me BIGFRANK taken at the corner of his street,on a neighbors tv antena. It was a real surprise to see when I came out the side door of my house. He was eating a Northern Flicker. I was able to ID him from the band and blue tape he had. I was excited immediately when I saw the blue tape,knowing it was a bird we had banded in Toronto(though I do know other places use the tape now).
I also made a video of Stormin eating which can be seen here.

Stormin In Scarborough.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-May-11, 12:47:31 PM »

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-May-11, 02:11:02 PM »

yahoo

valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 03-May-11, 10:13:44 AM »

2thumbsup
clap
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-May-11, 11:09:07 AM »

He's gorgeous! I see these pics were from last September and wonder if he's still being seen in this area?

BIGFRANK
« Reply #6 on: 03-May-11, 06:44:30 PM »

Im sure I let the girls know of the photos,video and sightings at the time,but just noticed the topic so figured others who missed the original posts would like them. We check every time we go by the watertower. I have a network of raptor watching friends who are eagle eyed and keep their eyes peeled no matter where they are in our area of Toronto. Place where we see something special like a Peregrine Falcon,we give special attention.
BIGFRANK
« Reply #7 on: 24-May-11, 05:09:43 AM »

While going by Stormin's favorite hang out at the water tower,we saw him tucked in beside one of the pillars on Monday morning.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-May-11, 06:02:52 AM »

clap That's sweet Frank! Thanks

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-Jun-11, 02:30:02 PM »

Not official yet...but CPF is here for our banding and Frank just me ..that "STORMIN' is the new male who took over the Yonge & Eglinton site!!  He said I could post it for you guys...details to follow when they have some time.

Running back down to see my kids...they're on the way down from the ledge now...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-Jun-11, 03:06:25 PM »

Not official yet...but CPF is here for our banding and Frank just me ..that "STORMIN' is the new male who took over the Yonge & Eglinton site!!  He said I could post it for you guys...details to follow when they have some time.

Running back down to see my kids...they're on the way down from the ledge now...

clap clap

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03-Jun-11, 07:39:46 PM »

This was the site where Irving from Chicago was the dad and he just recently died after coming in contact with a wire. He left his mate and 3 eyases but there was word that a new male was seen with her.  I wonder if he took over the daddy duties and how the eyases are doing.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03-Jun-11, 08:49:14 PM »

Kris:  Frank told me that yesterday for the first time, Stormin was observed bringing food to the female and she accepted it and took it to feed her offspring.  They will continue to monitor but that is a very good sign .

Apologies for not mentioning it earlier.  stupid
« Last Edit: 03-Jun-11, 08:55:05 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03-Jun-11, 09:04:06 PM »

Kris:  Frank told me that yesterday for the first time, Stormin was observed bringing food to the female and she accepted it and took it to feed her offspring.  They will continue to monitor but that is a very good sign .

While I feel awful that Irving was killed, I'm also happy that Stormin' has stepped up and the female (do we know where she's from?  Is she named?) is accepting him so far.  These birds bring such bittersweet moments...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-Jun-11, 09:45:09 PM »

That's OK.  Good to hear that it's working out for them. It's really very difficult to raise 3 eyases alone.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: