THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:13:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormin' - Yonge & Eglinton (Rhea Mae and Tiago's little one!)  (Read 109862 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 06-Jul-11, 03:46:18 PM »

Quite a few update were posted today for Canada Square...
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/toronto-uptown-yonge-and-eglinton/

I like the title on this one!

The juveniles have accepted their new dad without a problem, and he’s doing a great job of being a foster parent!
July 03, 2011 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton
CPF Postmaster Reports:

Canada Square report for July 3rd 2011.
I was only out for just over an hour today during which time I saw the five peregrines. It was pretty warm out and there was not much activity from them.
When I arrived I found the female on the ledge below the nest on Canada Square. She then flew off with a pigeon, circled around and landed on the nest level ledge north of the wall. She plucked feathers furiously and then ate for 30 minutes. A while later the male flew in to the same ledge with a food package and I heard him give a call. It took a minute before one of the youngsters responded by flying in and tucking into the food. I think this was also a pigeon.
There was only one major flying event by a juvenile who flew to the top of the shorter condo tower. Attempting to perch on one of the vents on the roof was tricky but he managed it. Other than that nothing extraordinary took place.
When I left the mom was on the south face of Rio-Can. I think two of the juveniles may have been on the Rio-Can roof and the third one was on the Heart and Stroke east face roof.
Lyn
Posted on July 6, 2011 12:55 pm
Observation for Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02-Dec-11, 01:44:01 PM »

Canada Square Adult Check In and News
December 01, 2011 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton
Tracy Simpson Reports:

Today we have both an update and some news regarding the resident pair at the Canada Square Building. First off, a check in with the pair as reported by Lyn:

Two peregrines were spotted on top window uprights of the Rio-Can building, south face. All fluffed up against the wind they were in the full sun and looked cold. No activity from them but I did not stay out in the cold for very long!

Lyn

Thank you Lyn for keeping an eye on Stormin and his female!!

In the news department, the unbanded female that has been resident here for the last 3 years has been given a name by Neil Armstrong and his amazing staff at Northam Realty Advisors Ltd. Their team has decided to call her Haven, a most incredible name for this bird!

Thanks go out to the buidling management for their efforts to name their adult female and Lyn for her continued vigilance of this pair.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 02-Dec-11, 04:06:26 PM »

In the news department, the unbanded female that has been resident here for the last 3 years has been given a name by Neil Armstrong and his amazing staff at Northam Realty Advisors Ltd.

Another giant leap for mankind.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02-Dec-11, 06:35:25 PM »

So nice to know that Stormin is still hanging out with Haven.  Hoping he has babies of his own next year (with Haven's help of course!).   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03-Dec-11, 05:56:52 PM »

I am glad to know that Stormin is still around. I hope that he and Haven will have a great year in 2012.
BIGFRANK
« Reply #50 on: 16-Dec-11, 06:49:21 AM »

Some nice shots of Canada Square bird. I think I played with the photos enough to see a Canadian band,so I think its Stormin.
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/12/sightings/holding-tight-to-the-territory-peeping-peregrines/
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16-Dec-11, 10:32:35 AM »

Some nice shots of Canada Square bird. I think I played with the photos enough to see a Canadian band,so I think its Stormin.
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/12/sightings/holding-tight-to-the-territory-peeping-peregrines/

Thank you so much!!!  Stormin is just so handsome!!!!! heart heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16-Dec-11, 06:40:55 PM »

Looks like Stormin.  When we visited with him this past summer, we couldn't help but notice that he had a very dark helmet, which both Rhea Mae and Kaver shared.  A very handsome Tiercel!   clap wub2

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18-Dec-11, 06:23:25 PM »

Thank you for the update on Stormin. It's good to know that he is there.
BIGFRANK
« Reply #54 on: 10-Jan-12, 04:34:55 AM »

With mild weather,Lyn has popped outside to check on Stormin and Haven. She tells me that she has seen both doing just fine, most often perched either enjoying the sun or a meal. There hasnt been anything too exciting so a formal post hasnt been made. Just wanted to let everyone know that this pair is being watched and is thriving.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10-Jan-12, 08:53:07 PM »

Thanks Frank!

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10-Jan-12, 08:59:35 PM »

Thank you for the update on Stormin and Haven, Frank!
rynnac
Eyas

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23-May-12, 03:02:58 PM »

May 10, 2012 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton
CPF Postmaster Reports:

Some good news all around today from the Canada Square management group. We have been told that a third hatchling was present on the nest ledge today!
Congratulations Canada Square!!

In addition to this good news, we have also worked out and confirmed a banding date for the hatchlings!

The banding date has been confirmed for Thursday May 24th!!
Good news all around!!

Nancy and the GSDs in Utah
BIGFRANK
« Reply #58 on: 24-May-12, 04:22:41 PM »

Banding Day report and Photos.
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2012/05/sightings/banding-day-success-and-photos/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24-May-12, 04:37:15 PM »

Nice report by Lyn but what are they males, females?  Hard to tell by names these days!  thumbsup

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: