THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bomb at Times Square  (Read 3637 times)
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« on: 02-May-10, 10:46:31 AM »

I was very shocked as I found during read in internet this article in english language
languagehttp://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/improvised-bomb/

What would have happened with our falcon??

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-May-10, 10:59:14 AM »

Annette, that was an awful scare. If that bomb had detinated as planned...it would have killed thousands they said. Just the car shrapnel alone would be devastating. I don't know about the TS NY falcons and where they are located but I'm sure it would have done something. HORRIBLE PEOPLE to do this. I hope they catch the ones who did this.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-May-10, 11:00:55 AM »

WASHINGTON—Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says authorities are recovering evidence from the car bomb discovered at New York's Time Square.

She tells NBC'S "Meet the Press" that officials are treating the incident as a potential terrorist attack. She says it's too soon to tell who's responsible.

Napolitano says that while investigators have no suspects, they have recovered forensic evidence, including fingerprints from the vehicle.

She also says there are a number of surveillance cameras in the area and they could yield valuable videotape.

ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-May-10, 01:22:37 PM »

WASHINGTON—Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano...She also says there are a number of surveillance cameras in the area and they could yield valuable videotape.

From notbored.com
"In 1998, the NYCLU located a total of 2,397 surveillance cameras in Manhattan; there were 75 in Times Square (the area south of 50th Street, north of 42d, west of Fifth Avenue and east of Eighth). In May 2000, we located and mapped out 131 surveillance cameras in the same area (we did not canvas all of Manhattan). In September 2002, we returned to Times Square and (starting from scratch) located, mapped out and counted the surveillance cameras in operation there. Our findings were alarming. Times Square contained (at least) 258 surveillance cameras, fully twice the number we spotted in 2000 and more than three  times the number spotted by the NYCLU in 1998. In May 2005, we counted 604 of them."

Just a few cameras to check...
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 02-May-10, 03:50:19 PM »

Annette, that was an awful scare. If that bomb had detinated as planned...it would have killed thousands they said. Just the car shrapnel alone would be devastating. I don't know about the TS NY falcons and where they are located but I'm sure it would have done something. HORRIBLE PEOPLE to do this. I hope they catch the ones who did this.  Sad

Terrorists are not human - they traded that in for ideology.   Angry
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 02-May-10, 03:55:08 PM »

I was very shocked as I found during read in internet this article in english language
languagehttp://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/improvised-bomb/

What would have happened with our falcon??

Just to clear up any confusion, the bomb was at Times Square in New York City. This is not the Times Square building in Rochester. Archer and Beauty were not in danger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: