THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 05:44:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing a new way to display our camera views  (Read 21589 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 10-May-10, 08:17:52 AM »

Here's something to try. I've merged all 5 camera views onto a single page. It features one larger view and 5 smaller views underneath. All 6 views update every minute. Click on one of the smaller views to make it display in the larger view. Click on the larger view to pop up a window that contains a full size picture that you can download.

http://rfalconcam.com/rfc-main/cameras.php

Let me know what you think.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-May-10, 08:32:35 AM »

I think it's great Shaky....although I use your viewer all the time. I like the click and drag thing. Has it always been that way? Hmm. I know my sister watches from Rfalconcam, so she'll love it. Thanks.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-May-10, 08:34:07 AM »

Love it!  I like seeing all the camera views together on one page and being able to click on any one of them to get a larger view.  Good work!   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-May-10, 08:37:30 AM »

Love it  2thumbsup

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-May-10, 08:38:24 AM »

GREAT site!  yes

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-May-10, 08:51:04 AM »

It's not working at all on my evil work 'puter...just spinning wheels all in a row at the bottom of the page...and clicking on them (right click-open in another window...auto-new-window not happening) just opens another page just like it. 

I'm sure it will be fine at home, but I know I'm not the only one with an ancient computer (some here are even still dialing in with a modem)...my evil details are IE 6.0, Win 2K, no flash player, limited java upgrades due to other program needs...etc., etc....

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 10-May-10, 08:55:06 AM »

I like the click and drag thing. Has it always been that way?

It's been that way for many months.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 10-May-10, 08:58:03 AM »

I'm sure it will be fine at home, but I know I'm not the only one with an ancient computer (some here are even still dialing in with a modem)...my evil details are IE 6.0, Win 2K, no flash player, limited java upgrades due to other program needs...etc., etc....

I'm sure it's an IE 6 issue. Not much I can do about it.

PS. No flash means you're SOL for streaming video sites.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-May-10, 09:06:12 AM »

It's not working at all on my evil work 'puter...just spinning wheels all in a row at the bottom of the page...and clicking on them (right click-open in another window...auto-new-window not happening) just opens another page just like it. 

Can't your "evil" work puter be upgraded? Do you actually use it for work? If so, then maybe you should as for a newer one! NO? I know  stupid question. Sorry.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-May-10, 09:11:40 AM »

Can't your "evil" work puter be upgraded? Do you actually use it for work? If so, then maybe you should as for a newer one! NO? I know  stupid question. Sorry.

I'm sure if you "specify" that you need to keep an eye on the falcons, they will greatly "OBLIGE"  ???  devil

sorry ASK not should as my K sometimes doesn't workkkkk

~Ruth
Juvie

Like Count: 19

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-May-10, 09:18:06 AM »

6 views?  I get main camera (larger) on top, then main again below plus camera 1 & 2 and 1/2 of 3
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-May-10, 09:22:29 AM »

I'm sure it's an IE 6 issue. Not much I can do about it.

PS. No flash means you're SOL for streaming video sites.

I had a feeling that would be the answer...but you managed to find something to fix the menu buttons issue in IE6, so maybe you'll find something in your reading.  Hopefully you'll be keeping the current views as well so I can at least see that...

I know about the streaming thing...no KGallery either...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 10-May-10, 09:23:20 AM »

6 views?  I get main camera (larger) on top, then main again below plus camera 1 & 2 and 1/2 of 3

Refresh the page or quit your browser and relaunch.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 10-May-10, 09:34:26 AM »

I had a feeling that would be the answer...but you managed to find something to fix the menu buttons issue in IE6, so maybe you'll find something in your reading.  Hopefully you'll be keeping the current views as well so I can at least see that...

That was different. I was fixing an IE7 issue, and it just happened to fix the IE6 problem too. I don't have IE6 so there is no way I can diagnose and repair this bug.

The old pages will be kept around for awhile. Of course, if we enable the 6th camera someday, it won't be on the old pages.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-May-10, 09:45:57 AM »

it looks good!   I can switch cameras quickly.   It will be great when the eggs hatch.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: