THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest Update  (Read 17275 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08-Jun-10, 08:22:01 AM »

I received this report from Doug at Pt Colborne today (6/7/10)

He reports that he is sure he saw Quest in the nest box again at 1 pm today.  She stayed for about 1/2 hour.  Quest seemed interested in the box & checked out the scrape. He did not have his camera with him today, but will try to get a pic for us if she returns.

You'll remember that Freedom, Mariah and Kaver's first son, nested there for a few years and that this is where Archer was born.

I hope Doug is able to get pictures of Quest!

These people need to get a camera!  Carol, did he say what happened to the remaining egg (s) or pair there?

Such good news about a sighting of Quest!    Thanks for the update.  I hope they can keep us updated on more sightings.   Is there any camera close by that site or on -site?  Kind of cool that that is where Archer hatched.   
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08-Jun-10, 12:45:10 PM »

He reports that he is sure he saw Quest in the nest box again at 1 pm today.  She stayed for about 1/2 hour.  Quest seemed interested in the box & checked out the scrape. He did not have his camera with him today, but will try to get a pic for us if she returns.

You'll remember that Freedom, Mariah and Kaver's first son, nested there for a few years and that this is where Archer was born.

Looks like Doug wasn't hallucinating...the transmitter don't lie!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 08-Jun-10, 12:45:34 PM »

I hope so too!  This is great news. Maybe she'll finally settle down. heart

In keeping with her past behavior, Quest seems only to be making day trips to the Port Colborne site.  The locus of her activity these days is in the Wesleyville & Port Hope area.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08-Jun-10, 01:18:00 PM »

In keeping with her past behavior, Quest seems only to be making day trips to the Port Colborne site.  The locus of her activity these days is in the Wesleyville & Port Hope area.

Wow...that was a quick trip back north-east!  But she does seem to be developing favorite hangouts.  Only time will tell!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-Jun-10, 04:34:16 PM »

When Quest was on Cape Cod/Nantucket we tried to track her down.  The gentleman who photographed her told us she was hanging out with a young male for a while.  Can't help but wonder if she sometimes has a travel companion now.  Could be a "mom's" wishful thinking, though.
Suzanne
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 10-Jun-10, 09:44:15 PM »

When Quest was on Cape Cod/Nantucket we tried to track her down.  The gentleman who photographed her told us she was hanging out with a young male for a while.  Can't help but wonder if she sometimes has a travel companion now.  Could be a "mom's" wishful thinking, though.
Suzanne

There's nothing to say that couldn't be happening... too bad there isn't a tiny little camera on that transmitter of hers.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-Jun-10, 11:51:27 PM »

... too bad there isn't a tiny little camera on that transmitter of hers.
That could be great.

rynnac
Eyas

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-Jun-10, 06:21:16 AM »

How much longer is it anticipated that the battery on her transmitter will continue to last?  Doesn't it have a finite lifetime that is near drawing to a close? (~2 years?)  I sure hope she settles down with a mate somewhere before that happens!

Nancy in UT

Nancy and the GSDs in Utah
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:06:44 AM »

How much longer is it anticipated that the battery on her transmitter will continue to last?  Doesn't it have a finite lifetime that is near drawing to a close? (~2 years?)  I sure hope she settles down with a mate somewhere before that happens!

Nancy in UT

It's not actually the battery that wears out-it's solar powered.  It's the harness that holds the transmitter on that is expected to wear out. 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:21:19 AM »

Nancy in UT

It's not actually the battery that wears out-it's solar powered.  It's the harness that holds the transmitter on that is expected to wear out. 

and fall off right?  Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-Jun-10, 07:45:02 AM »

Nancy in UT

and fall off right?  Sad

Yes piglet, it falls off. gum

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11-Jun-10, 08:46:11 PM »

hopefully not before we get some pictures of her  Shocked
huddiecat
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16-Jun-10, 08:36:19 AM »

Hopefully it does not fall off until we know where she has settled!  The transmitters used here often fall off sometime during the third year, but it depends on the harness used. 
Suzanne
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-Jun-10, 09:10:43 AM »

Hopefully it does not fall off until we know where she has settled!  The transmitters used here often fall off sometime during the third year, but it depends on the harness used. 
Suzanne

I'm hoping since the stitches in the harness were secured with nail polish instead of glue it will hold up a bit longer  Wink

huddiecat
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-Jun-10, 05:04:41 PM »

Me too...don't you love all this high-tech stuff!?  Nail polish vs glue, actually neither was used here for the harness, and this year none of the birds were outfitted with a transmitter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: