THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 05:55:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fledge Watchers Weekend  (Read 17570 times)
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« on: 24-May-10, 10:32:52 PM »

Has there been any discussion of, or plans made for, a Fledge Watchers Weekend this year?  If so, what are the dates?  Out-of-towners need to start thinking about motel reservations.
Kapi in VT
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 25-May-10, 03:08:54 PM »

Let's hope it's not during that corn festival.  I'll be coming up in any case.  Donna,  wanna ride up with me?
 wave

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Dianne-Baltimore
Egg

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-May-10, 07:57:08 PM »

I am looking forward to coming up this year.  Don't we plan for the weekend after July 4th? 

P.S.  This is my first post!!  I think I have finally figured out how to use this site  happy
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-May-10, 08:07:59 PM »

I am looking forward to coming up this year.  Don't we plan for the weekend after July 4th? 

P.S.  This is my first post!!  I think I have finally figured out how to use this site  happy

Congratulations on your first post!  It's not so bad one you get the hang of it!  clap

I think we need to come up with a new usually...these 2 hatched about 10 days after M&K's typically hatched.  In 2008 the official weekend was June 27 and that was really too early to see good flying...they didn't quite have their wings under them yet (except for Zephyr, of course-gave us all heart failure!)  2007 was July 7 and was just about right.  So maybe July 17th?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 25-May-10, 08:46:25 PM »

I know this subject is up to the discretion of GVAS and the Rochester Falcon team.

Donna, I have a motorhome.  It is very comfortable.  It has a bathroom.  Come with me.  You will love meeting everyone face to face.  More important.  Everyone will LOVE to meet you.

William Blake
schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-May-10, 08:53:40 PM »

July 10 & 11 should be the Corn Hill Festival.  The following weekend might not be so hard getting a hotel room.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-May-10, 09:46:33 PM »

I know this subject is up to the discretion of GVAS and the Rochester Falcon team.

Donna, I have a motorhome.  It is very comfortable.  It has a bathroom.  Come with me.  You will love meeting everyone face to face.  More important.  Everyone will LOVE to meet you.

yes  Come on up little piggy!   harhar

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-May-10, 10:13:08 PM »

It's all good! thumbsup

-John Burroughs
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 25-May-10, 10:16:50 PM »

And JC has the same intent.  I have to get to Barbara the building security person.  She has talked about the building naming the birds.  Just learned today that there are some who aren't connected yet to the falcons.  The cake is a great thing.  I just sent pictures.  I just have to send the funny pictures with great quotes.  Water St is totally committed to the peregrines  

William Blake
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-May-10, 10:19:36 PM »

YAY!!!!  Hi Diane!!!  Good to see you posting!!!   clap

I hope it's not the weekend of 7/9 cuz I can't come back that weekend!  Oh well...  Cry

Judi

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-May-10, 11:20:23 PM »

Bonnie, thanks so much for the invite. Funny, I was just talking about that with my daughter and her boyfriend. They want to go but depends when. I have to house sit the week of  the 12th, watching 2 dogs. My daughters BF has family in Vermont and wants us to come up. We were thinking leaving on a Thursday, driving to VT then on Sat back to Rochester until Monday. Not sure if it will happen and it all depends on which weekend they are having it. I'll keep in touch and let you know. (I could easily hop a train to NY)  Wink Thanks again.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-May-10, 11:21:47 PM »

Piglet, will you be there too??

valhalla
« Reply #12 on: 26-May-10, 05:30:11 AM »

This piglet will be in Maryland, as we hope to have the pool completed in July.  Indy is 7/25, NC and Fathers Day is 6/20, GWL is 6/5, so we are pretty full already.  I will admit to considering a trip north, but it isn't going to work out this year. 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26-May-10, 06:52:29 AM »

Absolutely!   Would love to meet you in the flesh.   oink Wink

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26-May-10, 06:54:43 AM »

This piglet will be in Maryland, as we hope to have the pool completed in July.  Indy is 7/25, NC and Fathers Day is 6/20, GWL is 6/5, so we are pretty full already.  I will admit to considering a trip north, but it isn't going to work out this year. 

Darn!    Sad

-John Burroughs
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: