THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 05:37:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fledge Watchers Weekend  (Read 17564 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26-May-10, 07:18:26 AM »

My biggest hassle is getting the time off from work...I'll sleep in my car if I have to  nap 

I just put in for July 15 & 16th off-even if it's not the "official" weekend, if I don't grab it now someone else will. 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26-May-10, 07:26:26 AM »

My biggest hassle is getting the time off from work...I'll sleep in my car if I have to  nap 

I just put in for July 15 & 16th off-even if it's not the "official" weekend, if I don't grab it now someone else will. 

We have a spare room and a sofa for anyone interested.  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26-May-10, 07:48:26 AM »

We have a spare room and a sofa for anyone interested.  yes

Wow...how nice MAK.  clap

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 26-May-10, 01:42:35 PM »

I'll be going up in any case.  I am very flexible.  There is room to sleep three adults very comfortably in the motorhome.  Sounds like we will all get to finally meet Donna!!   clap

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26-May-10, 01:55:08 PM »

cool-045   Well  if ya need a place to park  it we also have a double wide driveway.    handshake

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-Jun-10, 09:09:08 PM »

I've got a room booked for 07/15-07/18 at the Radisson...hopefully my math is right and there will be some flying to see!  As I said before, even if it's not the "official" weekend it's the only one not spoken for already, so I don't have much choice until late August.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 03-Jun-10, 09:29:32 PM »

I'll plan on being there that weekend as well.  Hope I can get Donna to come with me.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-Jun-10, 10:08:33 PM »

We're planning on coming also.  They better learn to fly by then!!

Lynne and Bob in New Hampshire

Lynne in New Hampshire
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 03-Jun-10, 10:34:00 PM »

I've got a room booked for 07/15-07/18 at the Radisson...hopefully my math is right and there will be some flying to see!  As I said before, even if it's not the "official" weekend it's the only one not spoken for already, so I don't have much choice until late August.

Darn...Jeane and I have a long vacation planned for July 23rd through August 1st, which means if I took off for Rochester the weekend of the 15-18th, I'd been gone three weekends in a row.  That's probably more than my stress level can stand, so I 'spose I'll miss this year.  I hope you guys get some good flying, and I hope B&A get an earlier start next year!
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04-Jun-10, 08:38:23 AM »

Now that a shame that you won't be here. We'll miss you (and the gang of three!).
Larry O'Heron

Darn...Jeane and I have a long vacation planned for July 23rd through August 1st, which means if I took off for Rochester the weekend of the 15-18th, I'd been gone three weekends in a row.  That's probably more than my stress level can stand, so I 'spose I'll miss this year.  I hope you guys get some good flying, and I hope B&A get an earlier start next year!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04-Jun-10, 11:58:05 AM »

Yeah, and it should be warmer then.  You might not need your winter jacket.   Evil

We'll miss you Patti.  wave

Now that a shame that you won't be here. We'll miss you (and the gang of three!).
Larry O'Heron

Peregrines know no borders.....
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 268

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-Jun-10, 12:53:57 PM »

We are booked for July 16-18 at the Radisson. The other nearby hotels are full that weekend, so it may be a good idea to get a reservation now and cancel it later if you can't come.

Paul
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-Jun-10, 09:49:28 PM »

I have made reservations for July 16-19 at the Super 8 in Henrietta, through Orbitz.  I got the room for $68/night.  I stayed there in 2008 and liked it well enough.  The drive into town might take longer during the week but, on the weekend, it only took me about 10 minutes.  It's pretty much a straight shot into town.  Due to some unexpected expenses (like a tree falling though the roof during a storm), I am not particularly flush this summer so the savings on the room is worth any small inconvenience. 

I hope that we can work in a visit to Dinosaur BBQ at some point.  The KAVER car is now a Honda Element but you will still know me by my license plate!

Kapi in VT
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 07-Jun-10, 08:41:05 AM »

The Henrietta Super 8 is conveniently located near the Thruway (I-90) for those driving in from east or west, and it's also located near I-390 for those coming in from the south.

Parking downtown may be a bit more challenging this year given the location of the nest box. If we are lucky, the juvies will find the gorge, and there will be excellent watching opportunities from the pedestrian bridge at High Falls.

loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-Jun-10, 09:02:38 AM »

Re parking, the South Ave ramp garage (on the top level should provide excellent viewing) if the juvies are still by Times Square. Larry O

The Henrietta Super 8 is conveniently located near the Thruway (I-90) for those driving in from east or west, and it's also located near I-390 for those coming in from the south.

Parking downtown may be a bit more challenging this year given the location of the nest box. If we are lucky, the juvies will find the gorge, and there will be excellent watching opportunities from the pedestrian bridge at High Falls.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: