THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Fledge Watchers Meeting Announcement - Saturday, June 19th  (Read 5686 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 16-Jun-10, 11:11:34 AM »

So Sorry for the late notice.  June sent a notice out to the Falcon Watchers about the upcoming Fledge Watch meeting.  But I'm sure that there are some of you who have never Fledge Watched before that would just love to join us. 

It's so hard to believe that Callidora and Jemison will be taking those all important first flights within the next couple weeks.  It seems like yesterday that they were just tiny little white fluffs breaking out of their eggs.  Now look at them!  White fluff is being replaced by brown juvenile feathers.  happy

The Fledge Watch meeting is scheduled for this coming Saturday:

Saturday
June 19, 2010
9:00 am
Rundel Library

Many of us will be there at 8:00 am or earlier.

So, if you've ever thought about joining the Fledge Watch, this is your chance.  Please consider meeting us on Saturday morning to find out what you can do to help out.

Thanks!
Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Jun-10, 11:14:05 AM »

So Sorry for the late notice.  June sent a notice out to the Falcon Watchers about the upcoming Fledge Watch meeting.  But I'm sure that there are some of you who have never Fledge Watched before that would just love to join us. 

It's so hard to believe that Callidora and Jemison will be taking those all important first flights within the next couple weeks.  It seems like yesterday that they were just tiny little white fluffs breaking out of their eggs.  Now look at them!  White fluff is being replaced by brown juvenile feathers.  happy

The Fledge Watch meeting is scheduled for this coming Saturday:

Saturday
June 19, 2010
9:00 am
Rundel Library

Many of us will be there at 8:00 am or earlier.

So, if you've ever thought about joining the Fledge Watch, this is your chance.  Please consider meeting us on Saturday morning to find out what you can do to help out.

Thanks!
Carol P.

Carol,

Do we know where in the library?  (Or which side)?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Jun-10, 05:12:25 PM »

Don and I plan to be there Saturday, but most likely not until 9 am, that 2 hour drive thing.  I assume we just go in the front entrance and there will be signs or an info desk directing us??

Suzanne
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-Jun-10, 06:54:22 PM »

I'm really not sure exactly where it is.  June said something about going past the dessert place.  I'll see if I can get better directions.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-Jun-10, 06:56:41 PM »

I'm really not sure exactly where it is.  June said something about going past the dessert place.  I'll see if I can get better directions.

They have desserts in a library??  silly

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-Jun-10, 07:49:45 PM »

They have desserts in a library??  silly

Does this mean you'll be there Donna?   laugh

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-Jun-10, 12:56:04 PM »

June Summer, president of the Genesee Valley Audubon Society, will be giving a talk on the Peregrine falcons that nest and live in downtown Rochester, Saturday June 19th from 9am to Noon in the Kate Gleason Auditorium.  The first hour will be joining in the Fledge Watch, observing the young birds in the nest and their interactions with their mother via live video feed.   After that June Summers will give a  talk on the history of these beautiful birds in Rochester, how the falcon cams came to be and report on the birds’ progress from birth until now.

To see the birds live go to www.rfalconcam.com

The Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County is handicapped accessible.  Accommodations may be provided for disabled program participants and must be made at least 10 business days before the program. For further information or to make a request please contact Deborah Nevin, Program Coordinator, at 428-8304.

I copied this from the Rundel Library site today, and pasted it here in case anyone else is interested or planning on attending on Saturday.   
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Jun-10, 07:42:06 PM »

More information about the Fledge Watch Meeting on Saturday.

Hi Watchers,
We will be meeting on Saturday morning at 9:00 AM at the Central Library on South Ave.  When you ener the main door on the South Ave. side of the new building, which is on the SE corner of Broad and South Ave., go straight back to the Kay Gleason Auditorium which is across from Simply Crepes.

I will have coffee for all somewhere near the corner of Exchange and Broad St. at 8:00 AM, if you want to hang out and watch the falcons.  Be a good conservationist and bring your travel mug.

June

huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-Jun-10, 05:46:05 PM »

Thanks for the info Carol.  Ahh, now I get the "desserts" in the Library thing happy 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: