THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 10:41:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watchers weekend reports  (Read 40977 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18-Jul-10, 10:13:52 PM »

It was really good to meet all the out-of-towners. I'm kinda sad that watchers weekend is over. It sure was alot of fun with everyone. I hope you all return next year and more out-of-towners who didn't make it  can join us.  Glad to hear everyone is getting home safe and sound.  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 18-Jul-10, 11:00:24 PM »

mbanana 
Rochester Rocks!
   bguitar

Roger and I met many of the fantastic Rochester falcon-watchers this weekend at the Saturday breakfast in the park. More watchers arrived after these pictures were taken. I wish they would all move to Buffalo!

Callidora was spotted bringing her breakfast to the event which she ate from a building next to the park! Later, two pefas were seen flying overhead before they disappeared behind the buildings. We hope Callidora's brother Jemison can soon join her and give the dedicated falcon watchers a wonderful treat!

Thanks for the great time, Rochester!

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19-Jul-10, 02:29:13 AM »

The falcons falcon are the reason we come together...but it is the people who make Watcher's Weekend! the_wave  I had a wonderful time sharing coffee donut this weekend with all who attended.  thanks2 to everyone who came from out-of town...great seeing foxbinocs you again!  And, it was a pleasure rose meeting those who joined us for the first time. clap

Joyce alien
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19-Jul-10, 09:07:43 AM »

To "alien Joyce" and all other locals - Bill and I had a really nice time on Saturday-seeing watchers that we had met before and meeting so many new people that I only knew by name on the Forum.  We tried fifty ways to Sunday (our GPS was going crazy rerouting us) to get to the Planetarium for the movie and ran into police barricades everywhere!  We got so frustrated that we ended up going home earlier than we had anticipated.  We watched TV that night to see what was going on and found out that it was the annual Pride parade that prevented us from getting through. Unfortunately, we couldn't attend on Sunday due to a prior commitment but we want to thank all of you for all that you do.  flowers

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19-Jul-10, 09:47:15 AM »

Well it sounds like everyone had a great time this weekend. I'm so glad many came out to see the falcons and meet the watchers. I so wanted to go but unfortunately, I had a prior commitment, house & dog sitting, (I knew it would be the weekend I couldn't make it). Oh well, there's always next year. I had fun watching you watch the falcons and posting MAK and Ei's reports. Thanks for waving on cam Saturday night  wave Safe trip home the ones leaving today.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19-Jul-10, 09:56:34 AM »

Brian has asked me to tell all the visitors he enjoyed spending time with you this past weekend.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19-Jul-10, 12:14:02 PM »

To "alien Joyce" and all other locals - Bill and I had a really nice time on Saturday-seeing watchers that we had met before and meeting so many new people that I only knew by name on the Forum.  We tried fifty ways to Sunday (our GPS was going crazy rerouting us) to get to the Planetarium for the movie and ran into police barricades everywhere!  We got so frustrated that we ended up going home earlier than we had anticipated.  We watched TV that night to see what was going on and found out that it was the annual Pride parade that prevented us from getting through. Unfortunately, we couldn't attend on Sunday due to a prior commitment but we want to thank all of you for all that you do.  flowers

Kris, So sorry you and Bill ran into all that traffic and all the barricades.  We did also and it was really frustrating.  But so glad you both made it on Saturday.  It was so great seeing you!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19-Jul-10, 12:28:34 PM »

Jeanne-I should have added to my post how great it was seeing you again and how much I enjoyed talking with you!  Hope to get together for some watching again soon! (I think we got to see some back streets of Rochester that people never knew existed in our trying to get to that darn Planetarium)   frustrated

Dawn
Eyas

Like Count: 63

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19-Jul-10, 01:05:17 PM »

A few pictures............

http://picasaweb.google.com/dawnv311/2010FalconWatchersWeekend?authkey=Gv1sRgCPuInqmY0KSSXw&feat=directlink

"Those who believe a dog has no soul, have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd."

huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19-Jul-10, 01:32:16 PM »

Dawn, great pics of the gathering!!
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19-Jul-10, 01:39:41 PM »

Glad to hear everyone made it home safely!  It was great to see everyone, and what a welcome the falcons provided the group!   The trip to the Planatarium was somewhat of a challenge, but the falcons made up for by performing a food exchange, a stoop on a duck, and some nice flying around above us. 

BTW, we also had an uneventful trip back to Ithaca last night.  We were welcomed home by all the critters...the cat, crows, fish, rabbits, and the remaining crew, all of whom demanded to be fed  happy

Suzanne
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 19-Jul-10, 01:40:04 PM »

MAK, please tell Brian "Back at you!"  I always enjoy seeing Brian.  A couple of DVDs will be on their way to you both shortly.  Just whittled 700-800 pics down to 68.  Still trying to cut out a few more.

And I got to see a MAK truck!!  LOL

Loved your driveway, BTW.  Thanks again.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19-Jul-10, 02:32:02 PM »

Great photos of this weekend!  clap

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19-Jul-10, 02:37:15 PM »

Thanks Dawn!  So glad you and Ginha caught so many nice shots of everyone at the gathering.  Good memories for years to come.  What a great group!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19-Jul-10, 03:11:45 PM »

Thanks Dawn!  So glad you and Ginha caught so many nice shots of everyone at the gathering.  Good memories for years to come.  What a great group!

I agree, great pics Dawn. I'm learning who they all are with no captions!  clap

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: