THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 03:33:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callidora question  (Read 33016 times)
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« on: 25-Jul-10, 03:37:51 AM »

Am I correct that no one has witnessed a kill by C.? I haven't had much time to read lately...
Has she seemed to be trying to hunt in earnest yet or is she still just terrorizing ducks and branches and things?
thanks. dale
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25-Jul-10, 06:31:31 AM »

dale, I don't think there is documented proof of C catching her own yet. She's giving it her best shot though, stooping on anything that moves, ducks, crows, pigeons even the little guys. She's doing pretty well with food exchanges. Someone will see it soon, I'm sure. A & B are teaching her well.

Still hoping Jemison will come back soon.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-Jul-10, 06:51:55 AM »

Am I correct that no one has witnessed a kill by C.? I haven't had much time to read lately...
Has she seemed to be trying to hunt in earnest yet or is she still just terrorizing ducks and branches and things?
thanks. dale

Hey Dale - She's definitely learning the mechanics of hunting.  Besides all her stoops that have been witnessed on miscellaneous birds, I saw her go talons up on a small bird.  As if to say "excuse me, but please let me grab you, I'm very hungry".  Then she chased it around for a little while.  Since she doesn't have a sibling (at this time) to practice with, she's doing the best she can. Oh, and I saw her chasing a pigeon.

With the heat, A,B&C haven't been too active. 

Peregrines know no borders.....
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-Jul-10, 09:45:08 AM »

It is so good to read these great stories about Callidora...I am praying that our sweet little  falcon
Jemison will be healed soon and come back to join her....
Have a good day everyone...still hot here in NJ..one more day of threatened bad storms and then they promise it to be a little cooler....Even the mockingbirds around my house seem exhausted from this heat!  Undecided
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-Jul-10, 09:54:11 AM »

It is so good to read these great stories about Callidora...I am praying that our sweet little  falcon
Jemison will be healed soon and come back to join her....
Have a good day everyone...still hot here in NJ..one more day of threatened bad storms and then they promise it to be a little cooler....Even the mockingbirds around my house seem exhausted from this heat!  Undecided

I agree with the HEAT in NJ...it's awful. I was hoping for some hail on Fri...like they predicted. Oh well, Fall will be here soon. Come on Jemison, your sister's waiting. Stay cool FF.

falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-Jul-10, 05:21:53 PM »

We had rain here this afternoon, the wind really picked up and it poured for about 2 hours..It is actually cool out there now and the birds are all happily singing around the yard...Fall will be here soon and after that comes snow  Sad
I hope we get word on Jemison tomorrow...I am haunting this forum hoping for word on him...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-Jul-10, 06:03:16 PM »

We had rain here this afternoon, the wind really picked up and it poured for about 2 hours..It is actually cool out there now and the birds are all happily singing around the yard...Fall will be here soon and after that comes snow  Sad
I hope we get word on Jemison tomorrow...I am haunting this forum hoping for word on him...

WE had very little rain...not the storm they expected, (I guess you got that), still thick here, no relief..The birds here are probably craving the rain. Glad your cooled FF. Smiley

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 25-Jul-10, 06:21:27 PM »

Fall will be here soon

it will NOT.

(from Chicago, where the climate is for amphibians or something. Not people.)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-Aug-10, 11:08:49 AM »

Is it possible that Callidora has left the area already? I know she hasn't had a documented hunt/kill yet but maybe she decided she wants to go. If not, she's hiding very well, her last sighting was yesterday at 2:30 on Mercury. I just hope she's OK. Do we worry or do we worry? It just can't be helped.

falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-Aug-10, 11:13:14 AM »

I can't help it..I am worried :-(((
It seems a little soon for her to migrate.......
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-Aug-10, 11:30:05 AM »

No worrying permitted  Wink

The normal progression is for juvies is to travel further & further from home base.  As that happens they are seen at home less frequently.  They're just perching somewhere we haven't seen them go before so we don't know to look there. 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-Aug-10, 11:46:44 AM »

Addendum to my last note-just rummaged through Quest's maps.  At the same age, Quest was still in Rochester, but traveling outside normal viewing spots.  At 10 days older (July 31, 2008) she made her first big move to Schenectady and then on to Cape Cod a few days later.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-Aug-10, 12:20:47 PM »

Addendum to my last note-just rummaged through Quest's maps.  At the same age, Quest was still in Rochester, but traveling outside normal viewing spots.  At 10 days older (July 31, 2008) she made her first big move to Schenectady and then on to Cape Cod a few days later.

I remember Quest leaving at the end of July and yes, she was a bit older than Callidora, (they got a late start) and of course she could be out exploring new areas. It's good to talk about it so others know what's going on instead of just "wondering". She could very well be in a nook some where being Callidora. There's quite a few watcher's out so hopefully someone will figure out this puzzle. When she's hungry enough, she'll show herself.

Thanks Ei.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-Aug-10, 12:33:27 PM »

Addendum to my last note-just rummaged through Quest's maps.  At the same age, Quest was still in Rochester, but traveling outside normal viewing spots.  At 10 days older (July 31, 2008) she made her first big move to Schenectady and then on to Cape Cod a few days later.

I remember Quest leaving at the end of July and yes, she was a bit older than Callidora, (they got a late start) and of course she could be out exploring new areas. It's good to talk about it so others know what's going on instead of just "wondering". She could very well be in a nook some where being Callidora. There's quite a few watcher's out so hopefully someone will figure out this puzzle. When she's hungry enough, she'll show herself.

Thanks Ei.

You know me...I will not speculate, but I will do research and find whatever facts I can to put things in perspective.   nerd

The last to leave in 2008 was Susan B.-last report with a positive ID that I found was August 9th.  The report was from Lou, but there were other watchers out that day...Mariah was trying to chase her out of the gorge.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-Aug-10, 01:50:24 PM »

she is probably just hiding
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: