THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 06:36:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering 2 years ago...  (Read 4789 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 15-Aug-10, 01:22:27 PM »

This week marks the 2nd anniversary of the removal of the nest box from the Kodak tower. I hadn't given it much thought until the Prayer of Adoration was read during this morning's church service. Here is an excerpt:

Lord God, we are part of the creation of You, the ultimate Creator. Your power is far beyond anything we could ever comprehend. With a Word, you spoke constellations, solar systems, falcons, and lilies into being...

Needless to say, it got my attention.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-Aug-10, 01:56:36 PM »

It always surprises me how surprised I am when I'm reminded of where we fall in the big scheme of things.  Even if we can't see it, things usually turn out the way they're supposed to.  Thanks for the reminder.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-Aug-10, 02:33:29 PM »

This week marks the 2nd anniversary of the removal of the nest box from the Kodak tower. I hadn't given it much thought until the Prayer of Adoration was read during this morning's church service. Here is an excerpt:

Lord God, we are part of the creation of You, the ultimate Creator. Your power is far beyond anything we could ever comprehend. With a Word, you spoke constellations, solar systems, falcons, and lilies into being...

wonderful prayer!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 15-Aug-10, 03:47:32 PM »

God is like that and those words should remind us all to remember that He is in charge, and what we do should honor Him. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-Aug-10, 04:05:49 PM »

God is like that and those words should remind us all to remember that He is in charge, and what we do should honor Him. 

"One Nation under God" Thanks Shaky, that was beautiful. 2 years went fast and what a sad time it was.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-Aug-10, 10:52:57 PM »

Things happen for a reason even though we don't always know the why, we certainly know that it came from Him!  Thank you so much Shaky for sharing.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-Aug-10, 12:06:51 AM »

It sure was a heartbreak two years ago.  I always hope that God will protect Mariah and Kaver and all the little ones they brought to this world.  Lucky us that they chose us to be near

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-Aug-10, 10:42:12 PM »

Thank God Archer survived the odds to continue on Mariah and Kaver's  lineage in Rochester for all of us to see. I'll always miss our original pair. God watch over Mariah and Kaver wherever they are
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: