THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:30:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Quest for Quest! A Success! - Saturday, August 28, 2010  (Read 28676 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30-Aug-10, 11:16:29 PM »

Tam O'Shanter - Tam O'Shanter is Robert Burns' most famous narrative poem about the problems of bumping into witches at Halloween, particularly when under the influence of drink! The neighbourhood takes its name from the Tam O'Shanter Golf Course (Wikipedia article on Tam O'Shanter-Sullivan, retrieved in May 2008).

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30-Aug-10, 11:22:06 PM »

Here is the surrounding area of the Park that I wish Quest's bf would be attracted to.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30-Aug-10, 11:23:02 PM »

Tam O'Shanter - Tam O'Shanter is Robert Burns' most famous narrative poem about the problems of bumping into witches at Halloween, particularly when under the influence of drink! The neighbourhood takes its name from the Tam O'Shanter Golf Course (Wikipedia article on Tam O'Shanter-Sullivan, retrieved in May 2008).

Donna you never cease to amaze me!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30-Aug-10, 11:26:55 PM »

Here is the surrounding area of the Park that I wish Quest's bf would be attracted to.

Let me translate for everyone. bf is boyfriend. I've had lots of practice deciphering Donnas' texting! :Smiley harhar

-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30-Aug-10, 11:33:57 PM »

Love it!  I think a park is so much nicer than a power plant!  But the nicest is knowing Quest is doing well and has a bf Wink

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
valhalla
« Reply #35 on: 31-Aug-10, 05:21:09 AM »

The Indy falcons have begun hanging out on the FEDERAL Justice Center downtown, which had many frustrating moments for those watchers due to the security surrounding that location (think OK City).  I suggested to Gigi that at least one of the core watchers take the Emergency Mgt courses and get the certifications, IDs and security clearances, which are good anywhere in the event of any natural disaster or terrorist bombing (different tiers of access).  She is looking into it (I know VA and WV and OK offer this certification).  It might not be an option in Canada, but at least your fingerprints will be imbedded in the ID to prove who you are.   Don't know the Fed presence in Rochester, but this could be something to consider in the downtown area. 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31-Aug-10, 06:03:29 AM »

wave   Good idea Janet!   2thumbsup

-John Burroughs
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31-Aug-10, 07:52:29 AM »

While Donna is quite correct about the origin of "Tam O'Shanter," I associate it with a hat of the same name (and origin).  They were popular for little girls back in the 30s and 40s (check Shirley Temple) and I had one that I was quite proud of.  Fancy new things were a rarity during the war years and that is probably why I remember it.  That, and the neat name.
Kapi in VT
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31-Aug-10, 07:57:14 AM »

My theory is that the Tiercel has chosen this nest site and is attempting to entice a female.  In flies Quest.  We know that she moves around this area quite a bit from her transmitter readings, but returns to the power plant.

From what we witnessed on Saturday, Quest flew north around 5 pm, leaving the Tiercel to return to "his" spot inside the power plant.  According to Carrie and Shaky, she returned the next day.

After watching this behaviour and taking into account Quest's continued wandering ways (although she doesn't go too far), I believe that he is more attached to this location than she is.

But, I have no doubt that she has taken a liking to this handsome Tiercel.  wub2

And here I thought she was a Tom Boy! She's a lady, she is.
No she just has discriminating tastes. After all any boyfriend has to live up to the image she has of a good mate should be like......her Daddy (Kaver)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31-Aug-10, 08:16:20 AM »

While Donna is quite correct about the origin of "Tam O'Shanter," I associate it with a hat of the same name (and origin).  They were popular for little girls back in the 30s and 40s (check Shirley Temple) and I had one that I was quite proud of.  Fancy new things were a rarity during the war years and that is probably why I remember it.  That, and the neat name.
Kapi in VT

as in this Kapi?

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31-Aug-10, 08:23:05 AM »

Kapi in VT

as in this Kapi?

Aw, rats! I was gonna say "Let's play!" and get someone to "Name that Actor", but I note it says who it is in the jpeg title. (I knew without reading it, of course...)
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31-Aug-10, 08:40:12 AM »

Kapi in VT

as in this Kapi?

Yes.  Often, they are usually just referred to as "tams."  You can see good, modern ones in tartan shops (real or online).
Kapi in VT
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31-Aug-10, 10:43:33 AM »

My theory is that the Tiercel has chosen this nest site and is attempting to entice a female.  In flies Quest.  We know that she moves around this area quite a bit from her transmitter readings, but returns to the power plant.

From what we witnessed on Saturday, Quest flew north around 5 pm, leaving the Tiercel to return to "his" spot inside the power plant.  According to Carrie and Shaky, she returned the next day.

After watching this behaviour and taking into account Quest's continued wandering ways (although she doesn't go too far), I believe that he is more attached to this location than she is.

But, I have no doubt that she has taken a liking to this handsome Tiercel.  wub2

And here I thought she was a Tom Boy! She's a lady, she is.
No she just has discriminating tastes. After all any boyfriend has to live up to the image she has of a good mate should be like......her Daddy (Kaver)

yes   You got that right BC!   wave

-John Burroughs
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 31-Aug-10, 02:59:27 PM »

Kapi in VT

They used to be popular headgear for golfers...

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31-Aug-10, 04:50:12 PM »

Kapi in VT

Ah yes, How well I remember wearing them.  Always matched my coat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: