THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009461 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: 05-Nov-17, 06:52:11 AM »

I would say that is Lucky in that last photo. 
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: 05-Nov-17, 03:19:01 PM »

Thanks, Carly. I thought it was Lucky, but thought it would be good to have a second opinion.

On October 6, one day after Aria's arrival, did you happen to see the remains of a bird on the ledge, in the corner behind the nest tray? It was hard to tell what kind of bird, but something seemed strange at the time.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: 05-Nov-17, 03:52:05 PM »

Thanks, Carly. I thought it was Lucky, but thought it would be good to have a second opinion.

On October 6, one day after Aria's arrival, did you happen to see the remains of a bird on the ledge, in the corner behind the nest tray? It was hard to tell what kind of bird, but something seemed strange at the time.

Yes I saw that and wondered about it as well.  I've seen OC bring food there but only when there are kids on the ledge.  At the time I attributed it to the fact that the workers were on the buildings and she wanted to keep her food close but I admit that was what really alerted me to a possible change.  I was telling myself one thing but doubting it at the same time.  When I saw the speckles though, it was hard not to realize a change had happened but I tried to reason that out as well but I was leaning towards Ivy then.  Really it was once I saw her fly and dive - I knew then whose kids she was, just didn't know which girl. In fact I looked up the kids band numbers from last year and handed them to Lucie when she came with her scope...I knew it was one of DC and B's kids in my gut.  
« Last Edit: 05-Nov-17, 03:58:46 PM by carly » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: 05-Nov-17, 11:20:44 PM »

Yes I saw that and wondered about it as well.  I've seen OC bring food there but only when there are kids on the ledge.  At the time I attributed it to the fact that the workers were on the buildings and she wanted to keep her food close but I admit that was what really alerted me to a possible change.  I was telling myself one thing but doubting it at the same time.  When I saw the speckles though, it was hard not to realize a change had happened but I tried to reason that out as well but I was leaning towards Ivy then.  Really it was once I saw her fly and dive - I knew then whose kids she was, just didn't know which girl. In fact I looked up the kids band numbers from last year and handed them to Lucie when she came with her scope...I knew it was one of DC and B's kids in my gut.  

Geez, you are good at this, carly. And Aria is a good student and Beauty and Dot.ca are good teachers. I'm also grateful that the good falcon watchers of Etobicoke and the Toronto area are calling Aria by her given name instead of by her band numbers. 
« Last Edit: 05-Nov-17, 11:28:35 PM by patsy6 » Logged

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: 06-Nov-17, 09:38:58 AM »

Heh...more like Aria was so similar to Cadence that she made it easier for me to figure out, not to mention the fact that so many Rochester kids end up in Toronto - the odds were in my favor  Wink  

Aria and Lucky just had a bonding session.
« Last Edit: 06-Nov-17, 10:32:53 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: 06-Nov-17, 10:59:24 AM »

I have 3 faclons on site, one large like OC.   Going back out, if anyone is watching please take photos if you see anything.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: 06-Nov-17, 11:09:02 AM »

I have 3 faclons on site, one large like OC.   Going back out, if anyone is watching please take photos if you see anything.

I'm watching this site along with others, Carly, but I haven't seen three falcons. No one is there at the moment.

Lucky was at the nest:

Then Aria came in to land. Can't see her face, but it looks like her coloring. Then they both left.

Were you able to save any pics of the three?
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: 06-Nov-17, 11:18:22 AM »

I did save a back view of the female. I can only go by what I see on the screen, but you have the advantage of seeing the birds in person.  Smiley

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: 06-Nov-17, 11:18:51 AM »

Right after this I went outside to see how Aria did trying to land on cam (as she's never been on there)and I saw 3 in the air engaged and one was the size of OC and she came off the building from the top - I know her quite well and I'd bet my life she is back and the cam was her perch...whether she was on there and Atria went up there after her I don't know but she's never shown interest in that perch as of yet.  Aria and Lucky and she were all in the air and pursued 'big female' down the street.  I ran after my heart out by they fly faster.  Aria and Lucky back now...lots of vocalizations between them but mostly Aria is upset.  I'm going back out - taking an early lunch, this might explain all the bonding this morning.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: 06-Nov-17, 12:32:44 PM »

Back...3 falcons on site confirmed.  The other female knows this territory inside and out, Lucky and her are flying around together on and off.  Aria took a dive on her once but otherwise is avoiding engaging, she is very upset and vocalizing alot.  The other female is doing lazy donuts around the buildings and territory and landing in and out of ledges.

Lucie on site but her battery died on her cam and she's running home to get another.  My heart is breaking for Aria.  I am sorry I posted it here the way I did but I couldn't find anyone, I'm at work and I wanted help to keep an eye on the cam.  
« Last Edit: 06-Nov-17, 01:21:43 PM by carly » Logged
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: 06-Nov-17, 01:07:37 PM »

scared blue

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: 06-Nov-17, 01:15:43 PM »

Oh please, let no one get hurt.   Shocked

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: 06-Nov-17, 01:21:28 PM »

Just went out quickly.  Lucie still not back.  Aria is on the ledge crying.  Lucky and Female flying around together and riding the thermals.  Ii don't know if she knows what to do and that's why she is crying or she is afraid to take her on.  OC or whomever is big so that may be why and she's comfortable here.  When I went out, Lucky flew off the cam and she (other female) flew off the roof to join him.

Aria is watching them flying together now... I don't know if he's flying with her cause he knows her or try and keep her diverted from coming and hurting Aria.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: 06-Nov-17, 01:25:32 PM »

Looks like Aria in the nest tray now.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: 06-Nov-17, 01:29:16 PM »

I just hope they will all be safe.  My poor baby.  This is new for her.  I just hope they don't double team her like what happened to Mariah. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: