THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009395 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 28-May-11, 12:33:45 AM »

How awful for him. I wonder if the new male had any part in this. Every day, something else in the Falcon world. Need a Xanax!  Sad

I didn't even think that the new male...don't want to say it.  Poor Irving. 
It makes me go back to wondering what happened to our Mr. T who was Beauty's boy-toy through the winter  months. She WAS happy looking through that time, flying around and being free. 
It is tough, but so ware the peregrines.  We are just watching. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 28-May-11, 12:41:08 PM »

How awful for him. I wonder if the new male had any part in this. Every day, something else in the Falcon world. Need a Xanax!  Sad

It makes me go back to wondering what happened to our Mr. T who was Beauty's boy-toy through the winter  months. She WAS happy looking through that time, flying around and being free. 

I thought it strange that the same day Archer showed up was the last sighting of Mr. T.  No battle that we know of-just quietly flew away?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 28-May-11, 02:20:27 PM »

I thought it strange that the same day Archer showed up was the last sighting of Mr. T.  No battle that we know of-just quietly flew away?

Maybe T knew it was time to go.

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: 28-May-11, 03:29:28 PM »

awww. 2007 Uptown bird. Darn.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 30-May-11, 09:18:20 AM »

Banding day here
May 29, 2011 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill
Doug Garbutt Reports:

After last weeks transfer of the young ones from the beam to the nest box, Anne Yagi, Mark Nash & Corrine were back to band the eyases. The small entourage were here at 10 am. Rolf Numsen promptly signed them in and equipped them with the necessary saftey ppe required. After a nice meet & greet with the plant manager Frank Jantz they made their way up to the 12th floor with all  gear in hand. It was 10:30 when they reached the top. We are lucky here to have a drop down door in front of the nest box. With a camera in the box & a monitor in our lunch room we were able to know when to drop the door without trapping an adult in the box or dropping it on a young one (via walkie talkie). After the door closed, Mom & Dad were a little upset to say the least. Corrine extracted the young from the box and with Anne’s expertise the young’s sex & age were determined. The 1st was a male weighing in at 556 gms. His band is 50/Y, we named him Max. The 2nd turned out to be a female weighing in at 838 gms. we named her Olivia. Anne & Corrine said both appear to be in good health. By 11:15 the birds were back in their box. Shortly after, Mom was back too. A big thanks to the MNR, CPF & ADM management for helping these rare birds have a chance at survival.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 31-May-11, 06:28:53 AM »

Ranger and Hunter still around
May 30, 2011 - Toronto - Mount Sinai Hospital
Linda Woods Reports:

Ranger and Hunter are still in the area and keeping close. Ranger was seen on the east side of Princess Margaret Hospital, while Hunter was sitting on the β€œIntact” sign at University Ave.  They did  a fly around together and then returned to their roosting spots.  While I was in the area, they weren’t paying  much attention to one particular area, to indicate a re-clutch of eggs. Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 31-May-11, 10:48:02 AM »

Ranger and Hunter still around
May 30, 2011 - Toronto - Mount Sinai Hospital
Linda Woods Reports:

Ranger and Hunter are still in the area and keeping close. Ranger was seen on the east side of Princess Margaret Hospital, while Hunter was sitting on the β€œIntact” sign at University Ave.  They did  a fly around together and then returned to their roosting spots.  While I was in the area, they weren’t paying  much attention to one particular area, to indicate a re-clutch of eggs. Sad

It's sad they can't have a family but their devotion to each other is wonderful.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 31-May-11, 07:42:32 PM »

We Have Two Very Big Girls
May 31, 2011 - Burlington - Lift Bridge
Sue McCreadie Reports:
Today was banding day.  Anne Yagi, Biologist with the Ministry of Natural Resources performed the banding .  The statistics are as follows:

Lady Lamont - Weighing in at a whopping 1063 grams - Black band 41/X  and she will be wearing a red band on her right leg

Lady Nelson - A little smaller at 988 grams - Black band 42/X and she will be wearing a yellow band on her right leg

There were 2 unhatched eggs in the box, which were retrieved for testing.

Now the fun begins.  Given their size and estimated age of 26/27 days, the official Fledge Watch will begin in approximately 10 days (June 10th)

Photos will follow.

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: 01-Jun-11, 06:42:42 PM »

!!! New Male at Canada Square and Weekend Tragedy for a Peregrine Named Irving; Black over Green B/44
May 25, 2011 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton

Thanks for this, Kris - when I read your post I notified Mary at the Field Museum; turns out she hadn't heard about it.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 01-Jun-11, 07:47:06 PM »

!!! New Male at Canada Square and Weekend Tragedy for a Peregrine Named Irving; Black over Green B/44
May 25, 2011 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton

Thanks for this, Kris - when I read your post I notified Mary at the Field Museum; turns out she hadn't heard about it.

I thought you might know who he was.  Sad loss- hope his babies he left behind are doing OK.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 02-Jun-11, 06:34:32 AM »

Scheduled bandings from Mark Nash

We have just finished another go round of meetings with the management groups at the Yonge & Eglinton – Toronto Uptown nest site - ( Canada Square ),   Scarborough Yellow pages and the Don Mill nest site and can now add these banding dates to the list.

These bandings have been added to the banding schedules below: 

Banding dates booked and /or completed as follows:

Toronto Sheraton hotel banding – May 24th – 10 am - Completed

Port Colborne ADM Mills banding – May 28th – 10am - Completed

Burlington Lift Bridge banding – Tuesday May 31st – 10am - Completed

William Osler Hospital banding – Wednesday June 1st – 9am - Completed

Hamilton Sheraton banding – Thursday June 2nd – 9am

Toronto 18 King Street banding – Friday June 3rd – 10am

Etobicoke Sun Life Bloor & Islington banding – Friday June 3rd – 2pm

Windsor Ambassador Bridge banding – Monday June 6th – 10am

Toronto Canada Square – Yonge & Eglinton banding – Friday June 10th – 10am

Scarborough yellow Pages banding – Friday June 10th – 2pm

Don Mils nest site banding - Friday June 21st - 1:30pm

Nest site updates:

Brampton Nest site – ( Brampton Courthouse) – Two adult resident territorial birds are currently incubating two eggs.

Still waiting for a hatch or updated logistics:

Brampton Courthouse nest- currently incubating 2 eggs

Ottawa Delta City Centre hotel nest - currently incubating and undisclosed amount of eggs

Nanticoke OPG nest - currently incubating and undisclosed amount of eggs

Kingston Princess Towers nest - currently incubating and undisclosed amount of eggs

London nest site – No updated news

Failed nest sites / missed banding opportunities:

MEC Miss. – first clutch failed – no hatch.

Mt Sinai hospital – first clutch failed – no hatch.

Holcim Miss. – 4 hatchlings – too old to band, late logistics

Prescott/Ogdensburg Bridge – June 5th – 10am – Cancelled!  Hatchlings too old!

Etobicoke Masters – Cancelled

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 02-Jun-11, 10:25:39 AM »

!!! Banding Day. 3 healthy hatchlings!!
June 01, 2011 - Etobicoke - William Osler

CPF Postmaster Reports:

A great day indeed! With a huge thank you to the great folks at the Etobicoke general Hospital - William Osler hospital and the Ministry of Natural Resources, the banding went like clock work.
Three very healthy and fiesta hatchlings were banded to day in front of hospital staff.

With Hurricane (the resident adult male - produced at the Toronto Sheraton Hotel nest site in 2004 - banded Black 5 over Black x)), and his mate - (now finally identified by her Black M over Green 87 leg band,, as being named O’Conner, a 2007 Ohio produced peregrine) were both on hand to voice their opinion, the three young hatchlings were weighed in, sexed, banded, and named.

The first hatchling weighed in at 800 grams, (full crop) - sexed as a Female, at 23 days old, banded with a Black 26 over Black X and named Wind,, with Red Tape

The second hatchling weighed in at 625 grams, (full crop weight), - sexed as a Male, at 23 days old, banded with a Black 92 over Black Y at 23 days old, and named Storm,, with Yellow Tape

The third hatchling weighed in at 855 grams, - (full crop weight), - sexed as a Female, at 24 days old, banded with a Black 48 over a Black X, and named Rain, with White tape.

One un-hatched egg was recovered.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/06/sightings/banding-day-3-healthy-hatchlings/ pics

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 02-Jun-11, 09:50:09 PM »

!!! Banding Day at the Hamilton Sheraton Hotel!!
June 02, 2011 - Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel
Tracy Simpson Reports:

Frank and I were able to attend the Hamilton Sheraton Hotel banding today and there were three chicks in this latest family.  They are;

Pigott - Female - 914 grams - Black 43 over Black X - red and green tape

Thomson - Male - 650 grams - Black 51 over Black Y - yellow and blue tape

Gore - Male - 671 grams - Black 82 over Black Y - yellow and green tape

It was a great day and we were happy to be able to attend!!!  Congratulations Madame X and Surge!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/06/sightings/banding-day-at-the-hamilton-sheraton-hotel/ pics

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 03-Jun-11, 05:52:33 PM »

Three eyases were banded this afternoon at Etobicoke Sun Life - Jack and Angel's kids!  They all weighed 700 grams....so they had to measure feet and determined 2 were girls and 1 was male but because he was tougher to determine, he's wearing female bands..just in case.  They were named Skye, Hera and Jupiter. 

Small girls for Angel compared to past years but all looked and 'sounded' quite healthy  wub2
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 03-Jun-11, 07:21:56 PM »

Three eyases were banded this afternoon at Etobicoke Sun Life - Jack and Angel's kids!  They all weighed 700 grams....so they had to measure feet and determined 2 were girls and 1 was male but because he was tougher to determine, he's wearing female bands..just in case.  They were named Skye, Hera and Jupiter. 

Small girls for Angel compared to past years but all looked and 'sounded' quite healthy  wub2

Congratulations! Does Jack have any eyases with the "other female"?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: