THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078590 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 27-Mar-13, 09:03:51 PM »

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 28-Mar-13, 07:20:58 AM »

!!! Two Eggs Confirmed!!
March 27, 2013 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
CPF Postmaster Reports:

March 27th - 2013
All of the recent activity on the nest ledge being observed proved to be something more than just allot of the usual day to day peregrine activity in and around the nest ledge. The photos tell the story!

Just as I arrived, the resident adult male - (Jack) flew in with food to the ledge and it was quickly snatched by O’Connor who was already standing at the south end of the nest ledge screaming at him to hurry up! She immediately flew off the ledge with the food in hand and hooked around to the south side of the building and out of sight. Jack was obviously taken by surprise at how quickly that his mate had snatched the food from him and flew off the nest ledge and disappeared from his view before either one of us really realized what had just happened.

A half hour passed when she finally returned to the nest ledge. Surprisingly enough, during her absence, Jack never attempted to cover or incubate the two reddish brown coloured eggs that were very visible in the nest tray. While he did jump up to roost on the edge of the nest tray itself, he seemed more concerned that O’Connor had so aggressively (and so quickly) snatched the food from him and flew off out of his sight. Equally as surprising, neither of the birds seemed interested in my presence at all.

When O’Connor finally return to the nest ledge, she screamed and howled at Jack for several minutes obviously not impressed that he had made no effort to cover or conceal the two eggs in the nest tray during her absence and/or that he had taken so long to bring in food and relieve her in the first place? She then immediately hopped back onto the nest tray and resumed incubation duties.

During my short visit, heavy dark clouds rolled in the driving rain turned to ice pellets and the wind was howling with strong guests!

On another very positive note, we are very close to being able to finally get the two new web cameras on line as we should have an internet connection sometime next week.
Stay tuned………..
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 28-Mar-13, 08:44:40 AM »

!!! First Egg !!!!
March 28, 2013 - Mississauga - Executive Centre
Kathy Reports:

Thanks to the observant eye of DutchEagleFan for alerting me  to the first egg for our pair which can clearly be seen in the  nest box this morning!!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 28-Mar-13, 02:07:47 PM »

!!!!! 1st Egg for Erin and Windwhistler is very close!
March 28, 2013 - Toronto - King Street
Kathy Smith Reports:

March 28th -2013

It looks like we are getting early Easter gifts all over southern Ontario today as it might appear that the resident adult female (named Erin)is getting ready to lay her first egg. Erin has been laying down allot on the nest bowl at the King Street nest ledge today and it would appear that she maybe egg bound and getting ready to lay her first egg. .

The resident adult male - officially named Windwhistler,,, - (a.k.a., nick-named “Spike” back in his early days when he arrived and took over the King Street nest territory, and we hadn’t identified him) has been noticeably keeping his distance from the nest ledge today.

Looking forward to some web camera pictures of her first egg.

Stay tuned……
« Last Edit: 29-Mar-13, 07:24:42 AM by carly » Logged
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 28-Mar-13, 06:29:37 PM »

clap Woohoo, eggs popping up all over the place! Thanks Carly!! Shouldn't be long before we have some here too!!! wave

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 30-Mar-13, 06:40:51 AM »

!!! !!Lady Millar Nesting in Ohio!!
March 30, 2013 - Niagara Falls
Kathy Reports:

Last night I received a request from our good friends Chad and Chris in Ohio to identify a female with black bands reading 45/X.   She has been discovered nesting at the Lakeshore Power Plant in Cleveland, Ohio and already has 1 egg in the nest box.

Quite amazing she chose Ohio as her mother, Diamond,  was born in 2009 in Canton, Ohio and has been in residence at the Niagara Falls site since 2010.   Lady Millar was one of two female hatchlings banded on July 8, 2011.

Will post most details as soon as they are available as events are still unfolding here.  The previous resident female here passed away last year and they haven’t yet reconfirmed the resident male.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 30-Mar-13, 06:46:01 AM »

Egg #2 for Cass and Sante in Mississauga this morning, laid overnight  2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 30-Mar-13, 06:47:43 AM »

Egg #2 for Cass and Sante in Mississauga this morning, laid overnight  2thumbsup

It's an egg "boomer"!  clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 30-Mar-13, 11:22:18 PM »

thumbsup

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:30:01 AM »

!!! !!!Egg #2 for Erin & Windwhistler
April 02, 2013 - Toronto - King Street
Kathy Reports:

Likely laid last night as she was due for one but the cold weather has kept her tight on the eggs.  She’s up now and I could clearly see two eggs!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:30:50 AM »

!!! Egg #3 for Cass & Sante
April 01, 2013 - Mississauga - Executive Centre
Kathy Reports:

Finally caught her off the eggs !  It’s been a cold day and we even had some snow!  But she’s just now at 4:44 stepped off briefly and allowed us a glimpse of the third egg!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:34:09 AM »

Oh my, they are all getting down to business! Looking forward to Beauty getting down too! Thanks. Oh and Pigott!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 02-Apr-13, 09:51:14 AM »

Oh my, they are all getting down to business! Looking forward to Beauty getting down too! Thanks. Oh and Pigott!!

If Pigott lays eggs and they hatch successfully - given that the site is on private property, what would happen if during fledge one or more of the kids came to ground as they sometimes do and/or if they got hurt.  Will the watchers be allowed to rescue them?  Just curious, not trying to stir anything up.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 02-Apr-13, 09:52:37 AM »

If Pigott lays eggs and they hatch successfully - given that the site is on private property, what would happen if during fledge one or more of the kids came to ground as they sometimes do and/or if they got hurt.  Will the watchers be allowed to rescue them?  Just curious, not trying to stir anything up.

Interesting point, Carly. Do the property owners know they have PEFAs?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 02-Apr-13, 12:49:35 PM »

Interesting point, Carly. Do the property owners know they have PEFAs?

They know Bobbie but I'm afraid they don't see it like we do! If 1 comes to the ground and is injured, I'm sure  the watchers will do what they can to help it. It's what they do best besides watching!  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: