THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:03:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Her Mate Still at Pickering Power Plant  (Read 30027 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12-Oct-10, 01:52:44 PM »

The pics disappeared, will have to put in an album....Sorry! Sad

I think I broke it!  crying
« Last Edit: 12-Oct-10, 10:42:46 PM by Donna » Logged

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12-Oct-10, 02:26:46 PM »

Splendid photo series, Joyce and MAK!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12-Oct-10, 02:54:57 PM »

Hi everybody!
   First off I want to thank my friend Joyce for taking me along on this journey with her. Let me just say it's a trip I'll never forget!
   We started at the Burlington bridge to get a falcon fix (as Joyce put it). It didn't take long to find them and we didn't stay long cuz it was already mid afternoon.
   On to Toronto hoping to catch a glimpse of Rhea Mae and Tiago. Again we didn't stay long and never saw them but Joyce took me up to the top floor of the Sheraton to get a look at what they see. Magnificent view despite my fear of heights!
   Next stop...Pickering Nuclear Power Plant in Ontario,Canada.  In less than 5 minutes I spotted a falcon on the very top of the white water tank! It took alot to convince Joyce cuz she couldn't see it at first. Then awhile later she spotted the second falcon flying in and landing on the rail at the bottom of the tank. A few minutes later they were flying together and echupping! We were high fiving and cheering for we knew one of them was Quest! We now had to get a pic of that transmitter. Quest took off northbound and her mate went to a still where we watched him 'til we left for the night.
   Monday (Thanksgiving in Canada) brought us the thrill of seeing the transmitter and antenna. We found her on the communications tower where I could see the antenna with my binocs but Joyce could not. I just kept saying click away with that long lens cuz it's going to show up on the computer when you download the pics from your camera. All of a sudden she flew off the tower at first heading south then turning around and right at us. I yelled Joyce she's coming over get that camera ready! She had it attached to a relic tripod she fished out of the garbage somewhere. As Quest flew above us I turned back to see Joyce holding her camera and tripod up in the air clicking away!  What a trooper! Mission accomplished...sight and pic confirmation to go along with the satellite data.  We were jumping up and down,high fiving,fist bumping,yelling WOOHOO and generally acting like a couple of kids.lol
   We stopped at a Tim Horton's on the way out of town to pick the best photo of Quests' transmitter to post right away rather than making everyone wait 'til we got home. We decided the poem should be in blue (the color of her right band).
    We spoke to security guards on about 6 different occasions. All of them were very nice and interested in the falcons. We even had a local police officer stop by and chat with us.
    On a final note... I can't begin to tell all of you how elated I was to see Quest live. Just thinking about this brings happy tears. Up until now I had only seen her on camera at the Kodak tower when I first started following the Rochester falcons as strictly a lurker. Guess there's alot to be said about breaking out of lurkdom!

Keep your eyes to the sky!  MAK
« Last Edit: 12-Oct-10, 10:43:40 PM by MAK » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12-Oct-10, 05:46:41 PM »

Hi Joyce and Mak,

What a great trip you had.Thanks for the pictures and the report.I can almost feel the way you did.

greetings Carla coolphotos
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12-Oct-10, 07:52:31 PM »

Wonderful trip and pictures!   thanx for sharing with us all!!

falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12-Oct-10, 11:38:34 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing these awesome pics and your adventures with us.
I have happy tears too because she is so beautiful and magnificent :-)

wub2
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12-Oct-10, 11:56:22 PM »

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=bb57d825c9d100356276141d224b0f78&sid=1AaOGLdu5asnLA Hope this works. MAK & Joyce's trip to Canada. Man, this was hard to figure out!

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-Oct-10, 02:33:20 AM »

wow  What a day for you!  congrats

valhalla
« Reply #38 on: 13-Oct-10, 05:08:33 AM »

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=bb57d825c9d100356276141d224b0f78&sid=1AaOGLdu5asnLA Hope this works. MAK & Joyce's trip to Canada. Man, this was hard to figure out!

yahoo  Good Job, Ladies!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-Oct-10, 06:43:07 AM »

notworthy  Thank you so much for posting my pics Donna. Someday I'll figure it out for myself.  stupid    wave

-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13-Oct-10, 07:55:30 AM »

notworthy  Thank you so much for posting my pics Donna. Someday I'll figure it out for myself.  stupid    wave

Naaaah, MAK, why bother? We all know she "never leaves home"! yes
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-Oct-10, 09:41:53 AM »

Thanks Donna!!!  The pics are great!  notworthy
falconsforever129
Juvie

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13-Oct-10, 09:44:29 AM »

You Ladies did a fine job and I am so happy you found Quest!  Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

bravo

thanks2
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13-Oct-10, 10:00:32 AM »

Oh she leaves home Bobbie. She just usually takes her laptop along. Donna just can't help herself!  crazy    She's  an addict!!! harhar   hahaha

-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13-Oct-10, 10:25:06 AM »

Oh she leaves home Bobbie. She just usually takes her laptop along. Donna just can't help herself!  crazy    She's  an addict!!! harhar   hahaha

Tell her to watch out for "Laptop Knee Burn"... no kidding! I was just reading about that. Kinda like the McDonald's "Hot Coffee" lady, huh?  paperbag
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: