THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 02:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SNAKE in the Garage!  (Read 16217 times)
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:07:53 PM »

OK gals, why are you afraid of a non-poisonous snake?  Black snakes, either black rat or black racer, are beneficial and will keep the nasty little rodents out of your garage and house.  They are probably more afraid of you than you are of them.  I'm not a huge fan but am also not going to overreact if I see one. 

Well for me Helen, it goes back to my childhood. My brother put LIVE snakes in my bed. Granted, they were only Garden snakes but in my BED??? scared blue I was 10 or 11 and when I felt it moving down by my legs......OH I SCREAMED and ran right out of the house, up the street and kept going in my PJ's. Sorry but I never got over it. Oh before that, snakes didn't really bother me, we had them all around our house.   frog

Donna, The  Big  baby crying
Do you speak to your brother?  Not sure I ever could.
 silly to your brother!
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:13:39 PM »

For me it is stepping on a (Thank goodness) sleeping rattle snake! That one had me screaming like a mad teenager  scared blue Then having to get one away from my Mom while she was in the garden!  So that is enough for me in my book!!! That one had 7-8 rattles, I got to keep them! paperbag  Know they help keep the rodents down but so do outdoor cats!  eyecat Love them much more!

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:19:31 PM »

Oh no, keep the cats indoors.  They live longer and healthier lives.  Besides, wouldn't a rattler kill a cat.  cat
hawkwatcher
Pipping

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:41:32 PM »

Snakes, even venomous ones are beneficial. It was difficult to try to get this child to touch the California king snake that a neighbor found in her patio because her mom was certain that the snake would harm her. I'm glad they called me so I could prevent a needless snake death. This was a particularly pretty snake...it was bright and beautiful. I think it must have just shed.
annieinelkhart
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-Aug-09, 09:49:00 PM »

You are a BRAVE woman! bow  Just NO WAY I WOULD BE CLOSE TO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!  scared blue Great we have people like you to help young ones understand.   bow  So what did you do with that "thing"? 

OT!  Wow I just noticed I am pipping!!!  YIPPEEE I am sort of tired of the inside of this egg!  LOL!

valhalla
« Reply #20 on: 26-Aug-09, 05:36:43 AM »

OK gals, why are you afraid of a non-poisonous snake?  Black snakes, either black rat or black racer, are beneficial and will keep the nasty little rodents out of your garage and house.  They are probably more afraid of you than you are of them.  I'm not a huge fan but am also not going to overreact if I see one. 

There is no logical reason, Helen - I just don't like them.  Period.  That said, you are 100% correct about them being good guys.  So, like the ostrich....  eyecat
valhalla
« Reply #21 on: 26-Aug-09, 05:41:55 AM »

Snakes, even venomous ones are beneficial. It was difficult to try to get this child to touch the California king snake that a neighbor found in her patio because her mom was certain that the snake would harm her. I'm glad they called me so I could prevent a needless snake death. This was a particularly pretty snake...it was bright and beautiful. I think it must have just shed.

Annie in Elkhart said it best!  I'll add Mega Maryland Dittos!
 bow  notworthy  bow ditto
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26-Aug-09, 07:57:42 AM »

Do you speak to your brother?  Not sure I ever could.
 silly to your brother!

Helen, yes, I speak to my brother, even though he denies or "DOESN'T" remember the incident. I bring it up a lot because he totally  ruined me. You should see me outside, (even though I have NOT seen a snake here in 30 some years), I watch every step, always on my guard. It's sad and I admit it. One of my brother in laws friends brought over a 10 python years ago....I ran and didn't come home til I saw he left with it. I know I'm extreme but I don't like snakes in my bed or thrown at me.

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26-Aug-09, 08:11:11 AM »

Hi Donna,

not all snakes are dangerous.

Greetings
Annette

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26-Aug-09, 08:13:43 AM »

Hi Donna,

not all snakes are dangerous.

Greetings
Annette

Annette, it's NOT the danger, it's just snakes in general.

valhalla
« Reply #25 on: 26-Aug-09, 09:23:02 AM »

Annette, it's NOT the danger, it's just snakes in general.

Now you know why I couldn't sleep the other night.  Fear is a real thing and it doesn't have to be logical.  You are a much nicer person than I am - I would have broken his nose (at best).   happy
hawkwatcher
Pipping

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26-Aug-09, 04:03:50 PM »

You are a BRAVE woman! bow  Just NO WAY I WOULD BE CLOSE TO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!  scared blue Great we have people like you to help young ones understand.   So what did you do with that "thing"? 

The little girl finally touched the snake, with her grandmother and mother cringing. It is too bad. She will probably grow up to fear the harmless things. We took it to the wooded area in back of her house.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-Aug-09, 04:33:35 PM »

Cindy also included this message:

cuddle up a little closer.....tonight look under your sheets for me........ha ha he he ha

And you all wonder why I'll never get over the snake in the sheet thing. My OLDER, (thinks she's funny) sister thanx sends these to me every day in email!!! crybaby crybaby crybaby

annieinelkhart
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28-Aug-09, 05:52:24 PM »

OMG!!  I guess if I got emails like that I would BLOCK  silly her!!  Thank goodness I don't have one that takes time to do things like that!  Wonder what you can do back??  poke

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28-Aug-09, 06:12:52 PM »

OMG!!  I guess if I got emails like that I would BLOCK  silly her!!  Thank goodness I don't have one that takes time to do things like that!  Wonder what you can do back??  poke

I'm used to it, I get them every day, snake pics....and she wonders why I won't go for a visit. She's really a good sis and she just wants to "BUG" me...and she does. I'll get her one day.

Donna

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: