THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 11:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work is scheduled for Times Square this weekend  (Read 60235 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 14-Oct-10, 10:58:14 AM »

We plan to work on the equipment at the Times Square building this Friday through Sunday. There will be intermittent camera outages during this period. Everything should be up and running by Monday.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Oct-10, 11:20:13 AM »

We plan to work on the equipment at the Times Square building this Friday through Sunday. There will be intermittent camera outages during this period. Everything should be up and running by Monday.

Ok, as long as it's intermittent! Good luck, hope Beauty behaves and Archer, (if he didn't leave yet)!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-Oct-10, 12:01:27 PM »

Been meaning to ask, but now I'm probably too late...

Can something be done about the dripping seam between the roof boards on the nest box?  Maybe a bead of caulking & a piece of half-round molding? 

I know I'm anthropomorphizing, but I felt so bad every time it rained & it was dripping right on Beauty's head.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-Oct-10, 12:17:22 PM »

Been meaning to ask, but now I'm probably too late...

Can something be done about the dripping seam between the roof boards on the nest box?  Maybe a bead of caulking & a piece of half-round molding? 

I know I'm anthropomorphizing, but I felt so bad every time it rained & it was dripping right on Beauty's head.

Do they waterproof the nests after their built? That nest does get quite wet Ei.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-Oct-10, 01:12:32 PM »

Do they waterproof the nests after their built? That nest does get quite wet Ei.
[/quote]

I don't think so. I would think most waterproofing chemicals wouldn't be good for the birds.  That's why I was thinking along the lines of something covered by plain molding.

Most of the rain getting in is just blown in from the front, which is normal.  I think it's more apparent with this nest box because the gravel is different & darker as well as the higher resolution camera.  

It's just that one drip on the south side that aggravated me dripping right on Beauty's head. I KNOW they're actually water-resistant...most of the drips just beaded up & rolled off...but still...just a softie, I suppose  Wink

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-Oct-10, 03:48:14 PM »

yes  I'm with you Ei. That drippage bothered me too!  Maybe a few shingles would take care of it.   wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-Oct-10, 07:06:47 PM »

good idea 2thumbsup
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 16-Oct-10, 09:45:57 AM »

A reminder that work will be taking place at TS this weekend. Expect camera outages.

I'll take a look at the leaky roof and see what can be done about it.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-Oct-10, 07:39:02 PM »

A reminder that work will be taking place at TS this weekend. Expect camera outages.

I'll take a look at the leaky roof and see what can be done about it.

2thumbsup    Thank you Shaky!    notworthy

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 17-Oct-10, 09:24:57 AM »

Expect more outages this afternoon.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-Oct-10, 09:43:00 AM »

Thanks for the warning...and for looking at the roof. 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-Oct-10, 09:43:30 AM »

Thanks for the warning...and for looking at the roof. 

clap

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 17-Oct-10, 06:48:46 PM »

Main camera is back, and a new camera has been installed on the south side of the porch. We also added streaming video to Main Camera.

We replaced the two aging cameras inside the nest box, but ran into a bit of trouble drilling a bigger hole in the wall for the cables. Our really big masonry drill bit needed to be really, really big in order for the cables to fit through the hole. So we will be returning next weekend to finish drilling the hole and connecting the new cameras.

We also removed Camera 1 so it can be repaired or replaced. As you may recall, it got stuck pointed in the wrong direction several times during the summer. This is to prevent that from happening again.

So for the time being, there are only 2 cameras, but both are streaming video and should give us excellent views of our falcons in the nest box and on the perch.

PS. We also looked that the leaky roof and have a couple of ideas on how to fix it without negatively impacting the falcons.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-Oct-10, 06:58:24 PM »

Thank you Shaky, Jim and Carol. Good job. Lovin the Main cam stream. Now we just need some falcons to come and visit.  2thumbsup The Powers building is so pretty at night, all lit up. Something to look at now.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17-Oct-10, 07:04:13 PM »

Excellent!  Nice view from the new cam!  Does it zoom?  Just wondering since it has a good view of the OCSR I-beams.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: