THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 08:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work is scheduled for Times Square this weekend  (Read 60234 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 06-Nov-11, 03:50:32 PM »

The team today consisted of Shaky, Kathy O, Dana, Lisa, June, Ravi, Carrie, Brian and I.  We got alot done ending the day with a visit from Beauty.  We ended our long day and will return tomorrow morning with other volunteers.  and I KNOW that MAK would have helped out if she could.   happy

Good work team.  Thank you!  You're the best!   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup 
Today's team included Marcia, Larry, Joyce, Dana, Shaky and I.  We accomplished everything we needed to so we're good to go. 

Big thanks to all that came out and gave up some of their personal time on such a beautiful weekend. 

Now with a new camera and clean lenses, we'll be able to see more of our Rochester Peregrines.   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Thanks everyone for all your hard work!  Now, inquiring minds want to know, have we met Ravi yet?  Don't seem to recall the name...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 06-Nov-11, 03:53:07 PM »

Shaky said that no one volunteered to help.  ??? confused

I think he was talking about a carpenter for the roof (I'd be there to do it in a heartbeat if I could fly!)

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 06-Nov-11, 03:55:08 PM »

Shaky said that no one volunteered to help.  ??? confused

He said that no one volunteered to fix the roof of the nest box.
« Last Edit: 06-Nov-11, 08:59:30 PM by Shaky » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 06-Nov-11, 03:55:43 PM »

I think he was talking about a carpenter for the roof (I'd be there to do it in a heartbeat if I could fly!)

Me too! Next time Ei!! I told MAK I want to sit up there and dangle my feet over the edge and just look at the Falcon View!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 06-Nov-11, 04:14:01 PM »

The team today consisted of Shaky, Kathy O, Dana, Lisa, June, Ravi, Carrie, Brian and I.  We got alot done ending the day with a visit from Beauty.  We ended our long day and will return tomorrow morning with other volunteers.  and I KNOW that MAK would have helped out if she could.   happy

Good work team.  Thank you!  You're the best!   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup 
Today's team included Marcia, Larry, Joyce, Dana, Shaky and I.  We accomplished everything we needed to so we're good to go. 

Big thanks to all that came out and gave up some of their personal time on such a beautiful weekend. 

Now with a new camera and clean lenses, we'll be able to see more of our Rochester Peregrines.   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Thanks everyone for all your hard work!  Now, inquiring minds want to know, have we met Ravi yet?  Don't seem to recall the name...

Ravi is a member of the Rfalconcam team.  He is not as active as other members, but is happy to volunteer when work needs to be done.   happy

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 06-Nov-11, 04:16:37 PM »

Ravi is a member of the Rfalconcam team.  He is not as active as other members, but is happy to volunteer when work needs to be done.   happy

Hi Ravi!   wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 06-Nov-11, 04:33:28 PM »

Hi Ravi!   wave

Is he on our forum? Hi Ravi and thanks!!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 06-Nov-11, 05:37:39 PM »

Oh, OK then-no carpenters in the bunch. Thanks for what was done though, everybody!
« Last Edit: 06-Nov-11, 09:00:50 PM by Shaky » Logged

schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 06-Nov-11, 08:11:28 PM »

I'm not a roofer or carpenter, but I do have a partial roll of felt/tarpaper & some left over shingles to donate. You'd just need to find someone to do the job
« Last Edit: 06-Nov-11, 09:01:19 PM by Shaky » Logged
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 06-Nov-11, 09:00:21 PM »

Hi Ravi!   wave

Is he on our forum? Hi Ravi and thanks!!

No, he doesn't read the Forum.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 06-Nov-11, 09:03:11 PM »

I'm not a roofer or carpenter, but I do have a partial roll of felt/tarpaper & some left over shingles to donate. You'd just need to find someone to do the job

We have to be careful of what materials we use and how they are applied. We don't want to cause harm to the falcons.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 06-Nov-11, 10:37:28 PM »

Me too! Next time Ei!! I told MAK I want to sit up there and dangle my feet over the edge and just look at the Falcon View!

scared  Yeah and I told her not me. I probably would have trouble just getting near to the edge.(fear of height) I'd sure love be there and see the look on Donnas' face as she scoped out the territory!  Wink

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 07-Nov-11, 06:54:10 AM »

We have to be careful of what materials we use and how they are applied. We don't want to cause harm to the falcons.

I've been pondering what would be the best solution for a while.  I think a piece of exterior grade plywood just slightly bigger than the current roof-I think a bit more of a front overhang would help too-screwed to the current roof would do the trick.  Wish I could be there to help Sad 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 07-Nov-11, 07:11:03 AM »

I've been pondering what would be the best solution for a while.  I think a piece of exterior grade plywood just slightly bigger than the current roof-I think a bit more of a front overhang would help too-screwed to the current roof would do the trick.  Wish I could be there to help Sad 

I was thinking the same thing Ei! And maybe you could come to town next time too!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 07-Nov-11, 06:30:30 PM »

I'm really sorry to say that dangling is not allowed.   no

We have to be very careful when we're up there and every precaution is taken.  We're only allowed to do this work at certain times.

While we were working above, Carrie and Brian were on sidewalk duty below making sure that no one walked below the nest box just in case something fell.  There was a "Women of Faith" conference going on at the Blue Cross Arena, so they were very busy.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: