THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 08:59:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A day at Letchworth State Park  (Read 4700 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« on: 16-Oct-10, 11:18:53 PM »

Bill and I spent the day at Letchworth State Park this past Wednesday, having lunch with an old friend at the Glen Iris Inn and then touring around taking pictures.  For those who've been there and for those that have never seen our hidden gem, here's an album that I put together.  Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/2axjh8h

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Oct-10, 11:27:08 PM »

Great pictures. clap
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 17-Oct-10, 01:00:16 AM »

Nice photos...thanks!
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-Oct-10, 05:01:50 AM »

Bill and I spent the day at Letchworth State Park this past Wednesday, having lunch with an old friend at the Glen Iris Inn and then touring around taking pictures.  For those who've been there and for those that have never seen our hidden gem, here's an album that I put together.  Enjoy!

A lifetime favourite place with our family. We loved hiking there, and were always fascinated by Mary Jemison. As little girls, my sisters and I gazed longingly into the windows of Glen Iris - and when we grew up... we went! How was the foliage, Kris? Will there be any left by the time I get home next week?
valhalla
« Reply #4 on: 17-Oct-10, 05:30:25 AM »

A Very nice Gem!  Some of you know that I love old cemetaries, and to be able to "visit" your great, great, greats is way too cool!  Thanks for sharing, Kris - a nice day trip and history lesson.   clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-Oct-10, 07:11:06 AM »

What a beautiful place. Thanks so much Kris, I so enjoyed all your pics and History.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-Oct-10, 08:16:47 AM »

A lifetime favourite place with our family. We loved hiking there, and were always fascinated by Mary Jemison. As little girls, my sisters and I gazed longingly into the windows of Glen Iris - and when we
grew up... we went! How was the foliage, Kris? Will there be any left by the time I get home next week?

Actually, the leaves appeared to be just changing in the park so there should be some colors to see in the next week or so.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Oct-10, 10:10:03 AM »

wave  Thank you so much for sharing Kris!  flash   Your pics are second to none!   coolphotos clap  Mary Jemison is a distant relative of my mother who was part Seneca indian.  yes I really should go check it out sometime.  2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: